Gauge Power Hook Up

Z1107

What is the correct wire to tie on a power cable from a gauge. Ive noticed that my boost gauge will turn off if I turn my radio up too loud. When I installed the gauge the directions said to hook up to my radian power line. Can I tie in to the dash clock power line?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Bumping an old/related thread:

For a gauge/controller, what fuses stay hot during cranking?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If you go to an auto parts store you can get one of these:

images

You use it to tap into a fuse slot for direct power. I've used them for years before I made a dedicated fuse block for all my accessories.

I'd replace the stereo fuse with it.

Yeah i've got one of those powering my current gauge, but I'm pretty sure the fuse I used does not keep power when cranking. Apparently thats hard on the gauge electronics, and I'd like to switch.

Yeah i've got one of those powering my current gauge, but I'm pretty sure the fuse I used does not keep power when cranking. Apparently thats hard on the gauge electronics, and I'd like to switch.

You're the only person I've heard of concerned with the power during cranking. I would bet that 99.99% of people wire gauges to a power source that is affected by cranking and have no issues.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
It was in the particular how-to I was reading. The guy was all fire-and-brimstone about it.

It turns out the fuse I'm using stays hot anyways. :tup: