GD George's cars (Retired)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hi, thanx you for your kind word.

Mart

No problem. We are glad you are here. When Holy told me about this I was super excited to see it and chat with you about it. I'm very honored you have joined us. You will like it here. Holy is a great guy and a super asset to this community and you couldn't have picked a better guy to trust with it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:D it's actually a couple things now. When the guys at a shop that builds hotrods from sratch that include a chopped camaro with a viper engine look at you like you're nuts, you know you're overbuilding!

That's funny... That's how my machinist looks at me. :lol:

Mart

Thank You Mart! Your welcome to "hijack". This is what this thread is all about. My car is basically one big R&D effort :lol:

Everyone... This is the Genius that developed the Apex Spec C Monitor that is on my dash! :tup:

I'm glad to be the one to test this. I have been putting this thing to some good use and to be completely honest, I don't know how I got along with out it. Everything I could possibly want or need to know about my ECU and how the engine is working is right there at my finger tips.

As you can see, by some of the responses here, there is some really good feedback. I will be loading the new firmware you sent me tomorrow... or maybe Saturday when I find some time.

Let me ask you a question. Does this firmware enable the IC Spray function? I haven't tried that yet so I don't even know if the old firmware does but it is something I want to utilize.

May I post the Manual for people to peruse through?

hehe I am no genius, I just happen to be a bit lucky ;)

As of right now, there is some hardware missing to control the I/C Water Spray. I need to build a proper little add-on to control it. The little hardware add-on and software modification will be done within one or two months I hope. It will also require 2 wires I believe since the USDM 32 bits ECU does not have output for the I/C Water Spray from factory and it will be boost referenced I believe....

and yes, I am looking for more people like Holy to give me input and insults :)

Mart

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
No problem. We are glad you are here. When Holy told me about this I was super excited to see it and chat with you about it. I'm very honored you have joined us. You will like it here. Holy is a great guy and a super asset to this community and you couldn't have picked a better guy to trust with it.

Wow... Thank you JJ :) Back at you! :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
hehe I am no genius, I just happen to be a bit lucky ;)

As of right now, there is some hardware missing to control the I/C Water Spray. I need to build a proper little add-on to control it. The little hardware add-on and software modification will be done within one or two months I hope. It will also require 2 wires I believe since the USDM 32 bits ECU does not have output for the I/C Water Spray from factory and it will be boost referenced I believe....

Mart

Ahhh Gotcha... Yeah I figured it would/should be boost referenced. I'm not really sure how else you could do it. I think i saw that the thresholds are user adjustable which would be good.

Ideally you want the spray to activate just before the onset of boost to allow time for the thermal effects to occur. So I would set my start point to something just above cruising manifold pressure but below zero. Is that possible?

Mart

Ahhh Gotcha... Yeah I figured it would/should be boost referenced. I'm not really sure how else you could do it. I think i saw that the thresholds are user adjustable which would be good.

Ideally you want the spray to activate just before the onset of boost to allow time for the thermal effects to occur. So I would set my start point to something just above cruising manifold pressure but below zero. Is that possible?

Yeah that is the plan. I want it to keep it simple. 2 thresholds, one for enable, one for disable... like a vEEEEtEEEEEEEC !

Mart

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh no you didn't!!! No Honda references allowed here. haha :tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Mart what is your price on the Apex going to be once you bring it to the market.

Mart

You are right about the Vtec! I forgot!

well you could always sell your dash PC and buy an Apex, have the damm thing running in 15 minutes or so and have some money left for more mods! :)

Mart

*cough* vtec has more than one threshold *cough*

:p I have to be a dick sometimes, just cant help it :tard:

as for your device... why couldnt you make it sooner! Here I spent 1200 on building an in dash pc to do the same thing and I still dont have the damn thing working! One the real, I love what you did, I would only change some simple labeling to make it a little more user friendly ;)

Last edited:

Mart

Right now, at this point in time, I have no plan to bring it to the market at large BUT I am doing a limited production run right now (10 units). That decision does have an impact on the price but I do not have the time to build and support hundred of customers and I'd rather support my "customer" well. I also feel that this tool is not for everyone but I may be wrong (it have an outstanding educational value aka how the ecu works). Finally, I have 2 kids and a full time job :)

Mart

Mart what is your price on the Apex going to be once you bring it to the market.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Right now, at this point in time, I have no plan to bring it to the market at large BUT I am doing a limited production run right now (10 units). That decision does have an impact on the price but I do not have the time to build and support hundred of customers and I'd rather support my "customer" well. I also feel that this tool is not for everyone but I may be wrong (it have an outstanding educational value aka how the ecu works). Finally, I have 2 kids and a full time job :)

Mart

Well if you need any help to bring it to market or need another tester please let me know.

*cough* vtec has more than one threshold *cough*

:p I have to be a dick sometimes, just cant help it :tard:

as for your device... why couldnt you make it sooner! Here I spent 1200 on building an in dash pc to do the same thing and I still dont have the damn thing working! One the real, I love what you did, I would only change some simple labeling to make it a little more user friendly ;)

This sums up your car nicely. :lol:

Mart

Well handling a graphic screen is another project in itself. I thought about that but in the end, all I care about is the data, not the way it look :/ . Also, I am an OEM/JDM style guys and I wanted to integrate nicely into the existing OEM setup. That why I chose the Clock POD location and to use the OEM cruise control/Defroster as the input to control the Apex. No need for extra annoying buttons! It is all about compromises...

Mart

Or we could come up with a really nasty hybrid between the two. :tard: I want an epic touchscreen pc that looks like a double din radio! Plus there is some crazy ideas I have about integrating adjustable suspension and a few other little things like accelerometers to make it a really nasty solution to all my needs.

Mart

I understand. I could do it easily but it would require time....

Mart

It's not exactly for the look... More for the amount of data and functionality. Recording accelerometer data and overlaying it with track gps feed along with being able to adjust everything from the same console would be awesome!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well fuck my life I blew another motor. I now officially hate STi's and their weak sauce engines.

I'm going 240 sylvia now. Fuck this shit I'm done.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well fuck my life I blew another motor. I now officially hate STi's and their weak sauce engines.

I'm going 240 sylvia now. Fuck this shit I'm done.

Your feeling like me now. What went wrong?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have no idea... It's making horrible noises inside the motor and it only runs on two cylinders.