Gimmick Motorsports products, good or bad?

Z1107

ive been pricing parts for my list/timeline of mods i want to do on my car and i keep coming across Gimmick Motorsports products on some reputable stores. Ive been looking at their exhaust which is supposed to be a copy of Cobb's turboback system for a third of the price, so are their products the real deal or crap.

Z1107

just realized i posted this in the wrong category, sorry about that rack it up to a brain fart.

No worries. I'll move the thread for you buddy. :tup:

In regards to Gimmick some of their stuff is re-branded over seas parts from less technologically advanced Asian countries....

Their exhaust does say its made in the USA though...

For $300 its probably worth a shot (assuming you don't want to spend more).

Edit: I just noticed that it has a lifetime warranty!

Last edited:

Z1107

thanks i appreciate it, im on a tight budget and have been studying different brands that offer quality and value. godspeed and gimmick keep popping up.

Undecisive

I have a gimmick radiator, and i had gimmick hood struts. The hood struts are garbage. Just spend the money and get a set of TEIN.

The radiator is the same core as the mishimoto minus the logo, and it's pretty solid. I'd recommend that part.

Z1107

I have a gimmick radiator, and i had gimmick hood struts. The hood struts are garbage. Just spend the money and get a set of TEIN.

The radiator is the same core as the mishimoto minus the logo, and it's pretty solid. I'd recommend that part.

yeah i was looking at the radiator they offered too, thanks for answering that for me.
really wondering about their intercoolers. a front mount for 450, or a new top mount for 260. just sounds too good to be true.

Sleepr56

I am running Gimmick Motorsports turbo inlet and after MAF. Both great quality and at a much less cost compared to Perrin, which is an identical design. I have seen pics of the Gimmick FMIC kit on other forums, in my opinion piping is piping with the many kits out there, quality of the coating (paid or powder) can vary by supplier, so essentially you are paying for the quality of the intercooler core & design. I have yet to see any type of benchmarking to compare the core to other brand name kits....

Josh @ Import Image Racing has a lot of experience with them, so he may be able to answer questions you have, just remember he is selling their stuff as well, so he may only have good things to say, haha.

STimedic

I personally will never deal with Josh/IIR ever again after the last 2 order issues I had. Seems like he likes to shit on me everytime I order from him.

I've had the Gimmick rad and red hoses for the last 2yrs and never had an issue with them so far.

Z1107

I personally will never deal with Josh/IIR ever again after the last 2 order issues I had. Seems like he likes to shit on me everytime I order from him.

I've had the Gimmick rad and red hoses for the last 2yrs and never had an issue with them so far.

i have heard mixed reviews about him. a couple of people said great prices, give you discounts if you continually order from them, but when i was at bragg last week met a guy at one of the car meets who told me they send him the wrong parts occasionally and you have to wait twice as long for your parts. ive been using fastwrx or wrxspeedshop for most of my parts.

STimedic

I'm one of those Bragg guys who detest using him, and after multiple issues with my previous $5k order, I won't EVER consider ordering from him again.

STimedic

I've heard good from Edwin (Fujiwara) about Defined Performance, there's also JCS Speed, IAG and several other vendors around that were wayyyyyyyy more pleasant to work with than that asinine, ignorant POS who insisted upon repeatedly telling me that all my items had shipped when they hadn't, plus, it makes it hard to dispute costs and shippage when you never get an invoice for any of your orders.

I also dealt with Stephen from IA Performance and was happy with my dealings while I was in Germany. He also has made several trips over to tune, chill with us Soldiers and have a good time.

Last edited:

Vermont

If you want a good supplier..... Then in all honesty go with Jordan@Defined Performance. They have great prices and Jordan is cool as fuck to work with. I ordered pads through them on a Monday night and got them on Friday morning. Also he will help you find the part you need even if you don't know what part your looking for.

bugeye_fever

I went through IIR a ordered a combo gms radiator, hoses, and 170* failsafe thermostate. Got a mushimoto rad which seems to be pretty good, don't like the drain plug though so I just pull off the bottom hose. The hoses are fine, but the t-stat failed open several times inside of the year warrenty, I got ahold of gimmick once and the guy on the other end picked up the phone like it was his cell.. I had to ask if I had the right number, then he said to pull it out and unlock the t-stat and it would be fine. It was, for about 2 days, I went to call him back again several times and they would not answer my calls or return my messages or pms, so I went to autozone and picked up the exact same 170* failsafe t-state for $17.. Like I got it out of the box, held them up together, exact same part. I will not deal with gimmick again.

importimage

Thank you very much. Yes we are one of the distributors for GMS products as well as many others. if you have any questions feel free to let us know, we can steer you to other brands as well if you would like, as we are not biased :) we sell them all

Addressing the other guys, we are very sorry that you feel that way. We have hired more people here to help make each and every customer happy. We have new suppliers to get you, your parts faster and for the best prices. We work hard for you
7 days per week. there is no issue we cannot solve, if you have an issue, come direct to us and we'll work it out with you.

thanks so much for the support and making us your premier subaru performance products warehouse!

Import Image Racing

Z1107

Thank you all for the kind words, I truly appreciate it. Although I do not carry Gimmick Products keep in mind you're not just a Number to me. I take the time to get to know my customers because I enjoy getting to know them and I admit, I do like to shoot the shit. You will find me on the weekends at the track or hosting meets actively because I love this shit.

Jordan@DEFINED
[/COLOR]

Im waiting on some funds to be freed up and ill be ordering a cobb accessport and turboxs 50/50 from you.