AOS or Catch Can? I'm seeing conflicting and contradictory answers.....

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I had thought [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] had advised not to use a VTA can due to it being essentially a vacuum leak. I may be confusing some shit here but...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had thought @HolyCrapItsFast had advised not to use a VTA can due to it being essentially a vacuum leak. I may be confusing some shit here but...
Let me find the exact post because it was 2011... He said that he used a breather tube for his set up. Gimme a few.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Just a thought hear... Not sure you would want it to go back into the system at all. In some cases like running E85 in the winter time, there is an awful lot of moisture that winds up as blowby and the catch cans condense and separate it well enough.

You definitely don't want this water finding it's way back into the engine. I pull two cups of water form my catch cans every two to three weeks.

Here it is!

Same set up as the one you're currently running that includes the

ok well if you dont have the means to modify it i would use one port for the crankcase and the other for the heads. you will need a y barbed fitting of the appropriate size then some hose the same size that comes off the heads and the fitting on the can. youll also need a hose adapter for the hose that comes off of the crank because that hose has a large i.d. so just measure, search, and purchase on that one.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
ok well if you dont have the means to modify it i would use one port for the crankcase and the other for the heads. you will need a y barbed fitting of the appropriate size then some hose the same size that comes off the heads and the fitting on the can. youll also need a hose adapter for the hose that comes off of the crank because that hose has a large i.d. so just measure, search, and purchase on that one.
I'm trying to find a cheap 3 port now, but am having no luck... WTF is up with that? Going to keep looking and hopefully I come across something... Seems like all are 2 port under $50..

I'm trying to find a cheap 3 port now, but am having no luck... WTF is up with that? Going to keep looking and hopefully I come across something... Seems like all are 2 port under $50..

thats pretty much the issue i had. I have a tig welder so i found an aluminum barb fitting of the right size and welded it in. you can also drill and tap it or just try and drive it in since its aluminum and its a soft metal to make your own threads but then you are starting to thread on dangerous waters. its just too easy to find the right adapter and y fitting to make it work.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
thats pretty much the issue i had. I have a tig welder so i found an aluminum barb fitting of the right size and welded it in. you can also drill and tap it or just try and drive it in since its aluminum and its a soft metal to make your own threads but then you are starting to thread on dangerous waters. its just too easy to find the right adapter and y fitting to make it work.
Nothing man, nothing!!!! Even the Cusco turd of a catch can has 2 ports. 0.2L capacity.... Guess I'll have to do the y split then. I'll give it a few more days before I bite. :ty: