Headers

DannyD

Equal or Unequal which do you prefer and why? Deciding what road I wanna take and would like some feed back. Thanks guys

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I love the boxer sound so I say unequal.

DannyD

Supporting mods for a bigger turbo are being done before the new motor is put in my car. Still have a while to the build so Im using this time to research the parts to reach my power output goal for when I get home. I would like to have all the parts and crate motor sitting in my shop so its like xmas and I get to unwrap everything and start getting my hands dirty straight away lol. With my power output goal a stock manifold will not make the cut

DannyD

My power goal is from 450-500 on 93. Ive been looking at bigger turbos but it was going to be for my 2.0 and now that Im doing a STi swap I have to look into other options and do some more research. Im fairly new to turbo cars but have built a few super charged V8s. The main reason I joined here is to better educate myself. Pretty much Im going to be asking alot of questions but I will leave most of those for my actual car in my garage once I stop being lazy and start one lol.

I started this topic to see what you guys think of and the differences between the two style of headers are.

Thanks for everyones input.

Lets keep it going. Tell me what you use and why you prefer that style.

stinkfinger

Durability-wise, Subaru headers seem worse than most. If you're set on them, stick to top-quality. Fed up, I finally went back to manifolds (PnP, with with x-pipe and uppipe).

But that wasn't the question you asked...

Between EL and UEL, EL is theoretically superior- though there's scarce empirical data to support the notion, and there's plenty of high powered cars running UEL. I made more power after ditching my EL for my PnP setup. Not that my stage 2 setup relates to your build, but is an interesting data point that suggests that notions aren't always validated on the dyno.

IMHO, the primary decision point is the sound- header type changes it a lot. Obviously, that is a personal preference which only you can answer. Lots of sound clips on YouTube to compare...