Hellas...

ICY STi

I just bought a set of Hella Horns to install on my 07 STi but I cant figure out what way to wire them.

I have been all over the internet looking and some are saying to use the relay and others are just doing a direct wiring. I was wondering what your input was on the issue. I cant exactly remember what way it is but one of the two drops the voltage about 1-1.5v so they are not as loud as they could be.

I spoke with JJ and he said he did his with the relay. Im just trying to get a feeling for how everyone wired theirs up. Thanks.

inferno19d

I did mine with the relay as well, I would recommend just using the relay, whether you use your horns or they are just for looks. I got my harness from subimods.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
A harness would be good, but if you have some wire, crimp terminals (preferably, I'd crimp it, a drop of solder on the connection and heat shrink it for longevity) and a couple hours, you'll be just fine using the relay. I might still have the schematic I drew myself, if not the box comes with a scat and you could find it online as well. If you need a hand, PM me, we'll exchange cell phone numbers and I'll go out to my car and walk you through it. The only real pain in the ass was getting it connected to a fuse in my stock fuse box. If you got the harness, I'm pretty sure it comes with an inline fuse holder that would be 1000000x easier than the route I went.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
To clarify... The schematic that comes in the box from Hella, gives you a couple of wiring options. Specifically,
whether you will operate the Supertones AND your stock horns, or whether you will remove you stock horns and
only operate the Supertones when the horn is pressed.

I removed ONE of my two stock horns (because i needed that mounting location for one of the Supertones) and
used the schematic for using Supertones AND stock horns.

The main reason I left one stock horn is place is because, in it's location, it's not visible in the grill and for redundancy...
i.e. so if the Supertones failed, I'd still have a working horn.