Hello All

I finally decided to join the forum last month after having the face book page liked for over a year.

Current mods on my 2005 STI are Perrin FMIC, (yes I'm running one with a stock turbo) Ingen CAI, Borla header, mad dad v2 catted DP, (lived in Cali and also was having boost creep with the cat less exhaust the first owner had on it hence why I went high flow cat) Perrin dual tube cat back, Walbro fuel pump, XS ignition amp, ACT street light flywheel and heavy duty pressure plate/clutch pro tuned by Harmon motive on a version 1 AP.

I'm the second owner of the car and I know for a fact that the previous owner beat it to hell since it was modded with a HKS blow off valve, cat less turbo back K&N drop in and a molested vacuum line.

I bought it around 30K miles then replaced the clutch and flywheel a few thousand miles after that then did my mods and then turbo went out (warranty covered it) but It then started eating oil and I had metal shavings in one of my oil changes so I put it back to stock and dealership voided my extended warranty since I didn't have proof of oil changes since I was doing the maintenance my self.

I now have a built short block with wiseco pistons, K1 rods. ACL bearings that I will be installing a new oil pump, timing belt etc and deleting the TGVs while adding a KS tech phenolic spacer, Perrin turbo inlet and installing a GM AIT in the IC tube near the throttle body that will be wired to the MAF AIT wires.

As it stands I've been researching Rom Raiders and also have the version 1 AP street tuner software that I probably will do a mild road tune with one of those choices till I finish acquiring all my parts for a turbo swap since I can't get a V1 AP pro tune anymore.

I just wanted to make an introduction and say hello to the forum members.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome! Dont neglect suspension upgrades...they're fun too!

As for the spacers, have you looked into the composite TGVs from TIC? THey're a good (better?) alternative to deleting tgvs.

pics!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Let's see some pics. :)

Welcome! Dont neglect suspension upgrades...they're fun too!

As for the spacers, have you looked into the composite TGVs from TIC? THey're a good (better?) alternative to deleting tgvs.

pics!

I'll take a look but I'm trying to keep this on a Budget and since intake manifold is being removed I was planing on removing the TGVs myself and port matching the intake system at the cost of just the air grinder porting kit.

Yes I know there's minimal gains on port matching intake system on subarus if any on a stock turbo but it's just my muscle car build history that makes it seem so wrong not to do so since the intake manifold will be off.

The only suspension mod I've done is a rear Perrin sway bar and end link kit to make it a bit more fun with Over Steer.

agegyty8.jpg

evupyta4.jpg

e7y2evym.jpg

Nothing special but you can see I'm not afraid to wrench on my own car and also tell where I got the love for these odd horizontally opposed motors with the turbo corvair in the back lol.

As far as the composite Tumbler housing I'm one of the fortunate years to have side feed injectors (oh the joy) and would have to switch to top feed injectors and rails which isn't planned till I get a bigger turbo. So deleted valves will be my temp solution.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTA! More pictures! :D

Welcome to IGOTA! More pictures! :D

qybutu4y.jpg

y5unu9e4.jpg

duvuqava.jpg

y3ypuzez.jpg

Nothing super special but thats the freshly built short block. The wiseco forged pistons and K1 rods came from a motor that the builder built from some one else's motor that blew the tranny about 5k miles after the build (hence why you can see some oil/carbon on the pistons) but fresh bore, hone, acl bearings, and rings that was balanced and built by a pro builder.

I just have to purchase the oil pump and timing belt then I should be good to go with starting the tear down and rebuild.