help on rota grids 18x9.5

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
years ago, when I was looking at the grids, I was told that a 5mm spacer in the front was required to clear the Brembos

JuanSTI

yea and i was thinking of getting 25mm spacers but if those are too big ill go with the 20mm what do you think?

JuanSTI

and also i will be getting some coilovers im looking at tein, megan racing or bc racing since they are all under $1,000

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What's the offset of wheel?
Of the three coilovers you mentioned I would go BC. They seem to have a nice rep in the Subaru community. Tein and Megan, not so much.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Per your link:

Product Details: 5mm spacers are required for those with STi Brembo calipers
Wheel Style - Rota Grid
Wheel Diameter (Inches) - 18"
Wheel Width (Inches) - 9.5"
PCD Bolt Pattern - 5x114.3
Offset - 38mm
Hub Bore - 73mm
Color - Gold
Quantity - 4 Pcs. (1 set)
Price:

$999.00

Check out the photos of the cars at the bottom of the page from your link. There is a GD with those on them and it looks to be an aggressive setup. Unless you want to go really aggressive and have to work to get them under the fenders then I would scrap the spacers. (besides the 5mm required for Brembo fitment and/or you have a specific goal with an ultra low offset wheel)

Contact the wheeldude and ask him about the fitment. I am sure they have fitted plenty of these on the GD STi and can you some more specific advise. Also, the hub bore of the wheel is 73mm and your hub is 56mm (iirc?) You might consider hub rings to be on the safe side.

Post up a request for quote in the appropriate section of our forum and see what our vendors can do for the coilovers. I think at least one carries BC coilovers as I seem to remember an ad for them.

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/forumdisplay.php?288-Request-A-Price-Quote