Hola from San Antonio, TX

Xav13STI

Hi, introducing myself. Xavier from San Antonio. I have a 2013 STI sedan, crystal black pearl. Have only done some minor things so far with it. Swapped trunks to a badgeless trunk with a lip spoiler. Also, switched to a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS and added 12in JL W3. Couldn't fit it how I wanted to so it sits in the passenger side of the trunk facing in but it works. But now I have the rattles from the rear seat deck lid area panels. Had it tinted 35% on fronts, and 5% on rears. Have the black plasti dip to get rid of the chrome window trim. And added the front lip spoiler too. When money permits then the fun mods will start.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and glad you could join! We would love to see some pics! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Show us some pics!!! :tup:

What car did you have prior?

Xav13STI

Thanks. I'll get some pics. Before the STI I had a 2007 BMW 335i. It had catless downpipes, JB4, and dual cone intake.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Interesting... Please post some pictures of the beamer and what your experience was like going from the 335i to the sti. My friend is looking to get a 335xi, sti, or g37x as his nect car and your review/experience is gonna help a lot!

:ty:

Xav13STI

[/IMG]
newandold.jpg
[/URL]

Need to take better pics but here is what I have. Forgot to add that I changed the side badges out to black ones. My daughter is waving bye to the 335i in the first pic. Then after we got the car, we had gone down to Corpus Christi to buy the car and I promised my daughter I would take her to the beach so pic in the beach parking lot. Then some random Ferrari in the Walmart parking so I HAD to park next to it. Then front lip installed. Pic with 335i in the back when getting traded in for the STI. And last is after the trunk swap.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!!!! Now tell me your experience with the 335i and then going from it to the sti!

Xav13STI

Alright so as far as the two cars, they pretty different animals I think. The 335i had the luxury, seats were more comfortable, power, adjustable side and leg bolsters, back supports, all that. Interior nicer, I wish the STI had leather seats but they are nice, just the 335 was all leather. I do like the color scheme in the STI better, the 335 was not bad though, mine had the black interior with silver dash and door trim. Material inside, nicer on the 335. Ride comfort - maybe a little better in the 335 but I had the sport suspension package so the ride is going to be a little firmer than a nonsport suspension 335. But then again my first cars were Mustangs so a rough ride doesn't bother me. Even a coworker who has been in my old Mustang (a '03 Mach 1), the 335, and the STI, said the STI felt like my Mustang. I don't mind though. Lets you feel the road. Brakes - so far the 335 had better brakes but I think I need new pads and if I switch to a better pad I will get that initial bite that I like. Not that the STis are a slouch, just coming from the 335 I felt there was something wrong, even took it in to the dealer to see if there was a problem. I have gotten used to them now though. Power - what matters most hahaha...well coming from the 335 with the mods it had, definitely the 335 over the STI (as of now) but that's not fair. The tuner on the 335 would allow to run a mix of 93 with a few gallons of E85 so got a few more ponies out of it, definitely noticeable. Mine was an auto but always felt like it was in the right gear. When I bought it it already had the dual cone and the JB4 (I saw the intake but wasn't aware of the tuner). When I added the downpipes that definitely woke the car up. Parts can be expensive though, as well as repairs if out of warranty. If your battery dies, expect about $600 through the dealer. That includes the battery plus the registering of the battery with the car so that the car won't overcharge the car. Crap but necessary. If you want to swap out the stereo, good luck. The stock head unit is needed to do some updates/programming with the car so you either have to move it elsewhere in the car or reinstall it if you take the car if for servicing. Mine was a 2007 and I would get a squealing noise from what people think is the rear brakes but when you are accelerating is when it would happen. Something about the design of the brakes some people get unlucky and get it some don't. I was a little let down when I first got the STI because I was afraid to drive it in Sport# mode but since then I am happy. I now drive it in Sport# daily. Its my daily driver and couldn't be happier..other than the rattles but looking to try get rid of those this long weekend. Plus the exhaust sounds nice even stock than the 335. And you don't feel like a douche driving around in a BMW lol. Plus the Subaru/WRX/STI community seems to be more what I was used to in the Mustang community. Get waves from other Subaru owners all the time. Never got that in the 335. I have no regrets trading over to the STI. They are pretty different cars though. Just depends on what they want. Let me know if they have any questions about owning them though.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thats perfect!!! Ill be showing him the post. Now that you have mentioned it... Pics of the mach man!!!! And info too. :D :tup:

Review maybe? Hahaha :ty: :bow:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice pics. :)