Hood wants to fly up

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
So this isnt really that urgent but i dont know where else to post.

Driving on the highway about 80MPH the hood starts to buckle up in the center as if the hood latch and brackets are keeping it down. The faster i go the more it moves up and down and i know the latch is strong but it worries me. Anyone have this problem before? Its as if the air isnt going through the TMIC and is pulling the center of the hood up because of the scoop

And thats all i have to say about that...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Never saw that before.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
If there isnt anything wrong i definitely shouldnt be the first person to experience this.. I checked the under side of the hood but it shows no signs of bending or buckling it looks normal. Now im worried about my intercooler

And thats all i have to say about that...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can you get us a video somehow?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
it wont be easy but ill try.. ill try mounding the gopro on the fender facing the hood sideways.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Mount the GoPro on the roof just a couple inches above the windshield and point it downward. I've seen my hood move around a little bit like that, but not as dramatically as you describe it. I've had the car well into the triple digits many times and never saw it get worse or anything, so I haven't worried about it. If you think it's a problem, maybe some hood pins would give you a little peace of mind.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
ill try both angles. as for the hood pins the front and back of the hood are still secured im sure the hood latch is more than enough to keep it down i just dont like the center of the hood flapping in the wind lol. i tried to show a friend of mine what i was talking about but it was already dark out and you cant really tell.