How much power?

Bang876

So finally sold my 05 subaru for $21,000 to a local guy. After paying off the car I had about $15,000 left in cash for the next subaru. I narrow my search down to a 08 STi Hatch with about 50Kmiles and stock. I want some suggestions as to what I can do to attain about 350awhp. I will be sticking to stock internals and turbo so want to see how far I can push the car with as little mods as possible. This will be a daily drive.

Here is the parts I plan on adding

*COBB TBE
* COBB AP
*COBB Short Ram Intake BOX
*Process West TMIC
* PRO Tune from MIKE at PIA on a Mustang Dyno using pump gas 92.

Those are the main mods for now. Mike stated that I can expect about 315awhp easily with this setup which is a bit shy of my goals but its fine for what I want now. If you guys have any suggestions lets here them.

Thank YOu

Grinder34

Track Monkey
what's the old addage: cheap, reliable, powerful...pick two. Something like that.

At least on the GD, the intake wont add that much power. I think the same is true for the GR. If you want to save money, i'd leave it stock.

You'll want:

Injectors
Fuel pump
Exhaust
AP

Things to consider:
PnP things like IM, TB, TGVs, headers
crosspipe
uppipe
TGV deletes
GAUGES!!! (seriously. AFR at the least. You'll want to know if theres a problem)
TMIC
BCS (EBCS or MBC)
Fuel Rails
E85
Engine Internals (immediately ups the price, but you dont wanna have to buy a new motor down the road)
Catch Can or AOS
Upgraded Turbo (rebuilt stock one for cheap...or go to something like a 20g or a 1.5)

Bang876

Hey thanks for the response guys! After looking around some more I may end up just buying a brand spanking new sti. Will just keep it simple until the warranty runs out.

COBB TBA
COBB AP
PRO TUNE
that should do it for awhile. Had my thrill of 400whp+ with my last one so just looking for something to take on long roads trips and a family commute.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hey thanks for the response guys! After looking around some more I may end up just buying a brand spanking new sti. Will just keep it simple until the warranty runs out.

COBB TBA
COBB AP
PRO TUNE
that should do it for awhile. Had my thrill of 400whp+ with my last one so just looking for something to take on long roads trips and a family commute.

Awesome!