I need help

Tibble05STI

Hi everyone, I just bought a 2005 STI 10 days ago. I was driving around and swerved to avoid an animal and hit the curb, poor subie poped both left tires. i recently replaced them, but i cannot drive faster than 30mph without the car wanting to pull left and right. i checked under the car and didnt see anything broken or damaged, it almost feels like its floating/ swaying left and right.

any suggestions would be helpfull

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I would get it checked out asap. Just looking isn't going to help you spot the problem.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
That sounds like you may just need an alignment. Hitting a curb can definitely put that out.

Also remember it's advised to replace ALL tires on the subaru at the same time. There are some tight tolerances on tire diameter differences.

finallymysti

Sounds to me like something is loose or broken. An off alignment wouldn't cause swaying, only pulling.... Any new/odd sounds?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Something is definitely bent or broken. Even the slightest deformation in one of the arms is enough to throw out your suspension geometry significantly. Your best bet is to go through your insurance and pay the deductible. The damage can easily exceed that. It will be covered if you have full coverage because it was an accident and your insurance will not go up because this is not a chargeable accident.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago and it was repaired 100% :tup: