If you could own any brand new Subaru WRX STi what year would it be?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you could own any brand new Subaru WRX STi from 1994 - 2011 what model would it be and why? That's right this is a tuff question. If you had every model they made before you in a line up and each one was brand new what year would you choose and for what reason would you choose it?

I can't wait to see these answers. :D

Vermont

Already answered this one on facebook..... 2002 STI Spec-C...... Best looking and fastest STI ever..... Lighter than later GD's and GR's, while still having more power than the previous GC's...

STimedic

Here's my list in order:
1. 2002 S202 (Rawest STi ever made, hands down)
2. 1998 22B (See the comparison vids on YouTube by TopGear or something-or-another)
3. 2007 Litchfield Type 25 UK (drool)

wo^tron

uhhhh 04 Spec C STi, or a GC8 STi, or a Spec C RA-R. Hell even a Forester STi :cool:

time to go to Canada!

Why not an S202?

I want an S203 that I actually get into the states...... Long story....
Well....I do know someone who can pull strings, no idea how legal it is haha. All I can say is dual citizenship is awesome.

Last edited:

wo^tron

Good luck, Gino almost got fined $80k....
holy dayum man. The guy I know just has a dual citizenship in Canada and the US. So he brings over nice skylines and stuff and then drives them down to FL (with canada tags). They dont care here.

Ive also got a friend who did a vin swap from a clean title car to an imported one. You have to basically have someone over there strip it down. The doors, trans, driveshaft, wheels and all that fun stuff need to be out and transported seperately bit by bit. Then make the donor car disappear and slap the vins on the assembled rhd. Its worked for him for 3 years lol. Though I think it was a LOT of trial and error, I think he had a lot of his stuff bounce back to Japan a few times. Im content with just waiting 25 years, to get an r32. Not worth the risk to me personally.

Anyways I digress. My bad x_x

Last edited:

wo^tron

I may have to contact him...
Haha well something about Florida is pretty lazy with stuff like that. The guy that would bring the skylines says he'd switch them and just has them registered as kit cars (ie the K1 attack and Ultima GTR) but I havent really seen any cars of his not have Canada tags. If you went the route of my friend
I'd say your best bet would be to take a clean title WRX/STi and basically chop shop it and put the vins on an assembled s203. If it was a rebuildable title it would have to be DOT inspected and the inspector might get suspicious. I dont know how the DOT is up in NC though, you guys got emissions?

I could ask him how the whole process went down if you want :p

STimedic

Epiphany: We spend way too much time ribbing each other on here when we can text each other. It's starting to carry over throughout the forum and can scare off the potential members. I say we limit the ribbing to the OT sub-forum. Thoughts?