interior rattle!

johnny5

Hey guys, I have a 2012 STI and it seems like my dash is going to rattle apart. It started with the clock and has moved over to some area on the pass side. It drives me nuts! I was curious if anyone has had similar issues , and or any ideas to make it go away? Im also wondering if this is a valid complaint for the dealership . I bought the car with 4 miles on it and currently have about 4500 so it still brand new......

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What did the dealer say?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Valid as valid can be. Any issue you have under warranty can be reported and the dealer should make a reasonable effort to remedy it.

My '08 rattles like gravel in an empty beer can but was pretty solid in the first few years. Windows, mirrors, trim, any plastic it all rattles now, but I have also done a few mods. ;)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There is NO complaint too trivial when under warranty. The worst they can do is tell you to go away. But if you complain enough they'll usually fix it, and if not, google "lemon law cars" or something like that. Basically, if the car has an unfixable issue, or too many issues, you can get a new one. That may not be what you want, but its always good to have the problems documented in case, down the road, there's a more significant straw to break the camel's back (so to speak).

Basically, I'd always rather be on the record with my complaints about the car's quality.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you ever tell the dealer anything yet?

johnny5

Hey! i have not gotten in touch with the dealership yet but I will here in the next week or so. I have been working 7 - 10s for the past month and the service department is closed when I get off. But, I did locate the source of the passenger side rattle....... there was a chop stick behind my glovebox...hahaha

johnny5

I know!!! that shit was driving me NUTS! You ever go for sushi? well they put together the chopsticks with a ruberband for kids. My daughter really wanted to take a set home so I must of tossed them in there and some how they bounced back behind the glovebox. Im kinda relieved . The clock is a different matter.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That's funny. I was in visioning an assembly line worker tossing in his chopstick after his lunch. lol