Iowa 04sti needs a little help.

Its Twicky

Any shops around Iowa? or in iowa

Hey, guys as some of you know i have been slowly buying parts for my 04 sti, that blew up on me a while back allowing me to do a build that i was going wait on, but with bad should come now a kick ass 415whp subi..

But my problem is, the guy working on my car is slacking, some parts have not arrived and he is just not getting anywork on the car at all, a few bolts are loose and he has had the car for about a year. I was not in a hurry due to buying parts. But still i had enough time of his shnanagins or shananogins, idk how do you spell shinanagons??

Here is my question, I live in the mid of iowa. I am willing to drive mar car(trailer), to anystate touching iowa. Does anyone know any good shops that will do motor swap and stall all the parts. Then beable to do a tune as well. Basically a subie thats been dead is getting alot of new parts and i would like someone to be hands on the whole project. Check my journal if you want to know parts.. But any good suggestions on companies and willing to help a subie come back to the roads.

Thanks guys..

( So far. from any shops who may do good work on a suby in iowa or touching Iowa"surrounding states" are
1. Chicago-- "AMS", "P&L", "6 star motorsports".
2. Missouri-- "Jordan at defined performance,
(not a shop yet, but im first in line)

Last edited:

Its Twicky

haha that is true that is true, heck i may just box my car and send you a big packedge and the note will say. "hey jordan here is my car, do you magic and get this sti running, wont take no for a answer, thank you the sti from iowa." Sound good, good. Ha i will pm you later with the list of parts still needed and what not. just keep getting busy.

bugeye_fever

Haha, well good, your way ahead of me. I'm from Centralia, MO originally, the only shop I ever heard of(and this was like 10 years ago..) was in STL, but I don't remember the name, or they're workmanship.

Its Twicky

haha, well bugeye i dont know what to say,, your no help hahaha, but it does suck to be know where buy anyshops , i think it does anyway. If i had a bad ass truck that broke i could get that fixed in a heart beat around here.

Its Twicky

I will answer my own question: Hey twicky, I heard 6 star motorsports in chicago may be a good place to check out.

Alright man, thanks for the idea, i will give them a call tomorrow.

Its Twicky

Anyone have anymore thoughts on who can tare down the suby and add the new goodies then tune, heck break in the motor aswell.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Its Twicky

Well if i ship in, Everything! Otherwise, Just the simple stuff. Putt the old block. Change the clutch, Put on the New exhuast downpipes upipes, turbo injecters ETC......... And i Dont wana fuck up on any of that. ( can i use the word fuck?) Ha but yeah Basically a motor swap and everything else to go with the DOM 2.5xtr.

Its Twicky

Yeah, not for me. I will prob forget a part somewhere or a crucial step. Or try to yank out the block forgetting about the bolt at the bottom.