locking car with remote button

awdsnowfun

so I don't know if this is where I should put this....but my remote that locks and unlocks my car is being stupid. I have two of them and I tried both but the lock button won't work with either....unlock works on both..I know I know I should quit being a lazy ass and just lock the car from the door panel when I'm getting out but it's just such a pain in the ass.. would it be a sensor in the car? I have no idea, someone plz help lol:tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you try disconnecting your battery to reset everything?

ZachTTLM

I think subaru has a sincronize feature to their fobs like others do. But if I am correct Hold down both unlock and lock at the same time it should beep after a few seconds this should sync the fob to the car again and allow it to all work properly...I know nissan is common for this as well.

ZachTTLM

hmmmm let me do some more research on this. Can't promise anything though.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Lol. I hear ya. Looks like doing the hokey pokey no less than 50 times. Good luck and let us know if this works!

awdsnowfun

so I already ran into a problem lol the serial number on the back of my remote has letters in it...so how do I enter those....the number they are in the alphabet?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Dunno. I just checked mine and there are only 8 numbers in my serial of 12 characters.

awdsnowfun

so i get to the entering the codes and after i enter the second time it doesnt unlock and lock....i know for sure i put the same code in twice.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm not quite sure how the subaru is setup with the remote and security function.
You might have system failure in the module thingy.
Professional diagnosis nay be necessary as it kinda sounds like you have a partial or maybe total failure.
Funny thus pops up cause my wife's car is having keyless problems at the moment. Lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Something with the circuit board? Resistors or mosfets frying? Not quite sure and I am basing this from research on her car. Though wildly different automobiles, I am taking a stab that their are basic similarities. Certain functions have failed on hers but others remain operational, just like yours.
Unless you want to dive into this rabbit hole I would say this might be a Subaru tech problem. I used a Q&A site called just answers to get some insight on a problem a few years back with a car. Paid a small fee and got tech to help me deal with it. May try this option to at least get a better idea of the system and be more knowledgeable if you decide to have someone else look at it.