My 05 STi

sliksti22

I'm Jake. Have an 05 STi. right now its pretty much all stock. about 2 years ago i had an Invidia N1 racepipe put on. Havent beent able to do anything to it since.

Im planning on modding my car in a few years after I pay it off but not real sure how I want to go about it. I probably wont want to take it to the track, but you never know. With that in mind, I'm kinda thinkin I want to aim for 450-550whp on pump gas. And preferably without meth injection. I love my car, and I do want to fully customize every inch of it including engine build. But do i go with just a build on the short block? or go all out and get everything built with forged internals?

I know theres many ways to go about getting to 450-550whp, but not sure what the best way to go is. Or rather what to start with outside of a tune.

any suggestions??

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'd start with a few bolt ons and see how you like the power. You may be satisfied with far less than 550 awhp! A "protuned" stage 2 feels much faster than a stock STI.

With 550 awhp, you're gonna wanna build that engine though, and it'll take more than a little $ to get you there. With that much power are you thinking of upgrading the suspension at all?

sliksti22

I know if i go the 550whp route that it will cost some bucks. I don't have a problem with spending a lot of money on my car. especially for the modding. I will more than likely get some coilovers on it. Havent done a whole lot of research on that, but will get there. Ill be happy once can get a tune for what i have currently and fix the boost look. Bolt ons like front mount intercooler and intake?

sliksti22

dose the 3.5" really make that much of a difference in comparison to 3"? Eventually I would like to a full build with forged internals and all that stuff. I've thought about going twin turbo whenever i get to the build stage. anyone got any thoughts on twin turbo over single??

sliksti22

i know its going to be more expensive, but thats not a huge issue with me. overtime, i will have my car just the way i want it. Was thinking i could be different and go twin, but if its gonna screw me over or i might not like it over single turbo even with a completely built engine with all forged internals, then i wont. I understand how a turbo works for the most part(so i think). an external wastegate seems far more efficient than an internal wastegate but i could be wrong. Ive been thinking that when the mod time begins, i will start with clutch and flywheel even if im going in stages in increasing power. havent figured out the best way to go after that haha

why do you believe that twins are a waste on STi's? just out of curiosity.