Need Help/Info

Z1107

Right now I am two weeks late paying my car payment, not because I cant afford to, but because I cant locate my lienholder. I have been calling for two weeks trying to get a hold of someone and today when I called the line is disconnected. I drove to the dealership to find it completely vacant with no notes indicating a move or anything. What the hell do I do? This company has my title and Im afraid that my car is going to get repo'd or they fraudulently sell my title to my car. What are my opitons?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What does the paperwork say? Who is the loan through?

Z1107

it was the dealership. I made some phone calls and found out that the dealership closed down 1 month ago. My last payment the dealer told me he switched over the dealer phone line to his cell line. Then I got a letter a week later informing me of the possibility of a my loan being bought out by a bank and that if I got a phone call asking questions cooperate with them, I called him and he said that he was keeping my loan in house. Now a month and half later I cant reach anyone. Im going to probate court tomorrow to find out my options, just wanted to know if anyone has ever heard of this.

Z1107

Went to Probate court on Friday and they didnt know who handled it so they sent me over to magistrate who told me that this is becoming common but again they didnt know who handles it their only advice was to hold onto my payment money and to make an incident report with the sheriff's office in case they get a repo notice on my vehicle. I explained to them that I used to be a deputy and thats not going to do anything so they said get a lawyer. I got into an argument ending up getting asked to leave when I explained that court clerk is there to provide info and rights to a citizen and they told me they cant give legal advice, I told them thats not legal advice if its in the Ga Code of Law book, so I left when the deputy asked me.

Z1107

The state of Georgia is screwed up in its organizational skills dealing with. A few years ago they did away with the DMV and started DDS, Dept. of Driver Services, which only handles licenses not titles, we still have Dept. of Motor Vehicle Registration, but they give no number and say to contact your local tag office for info, which in my county is a no go, they cant even get military tags/taxes right so I dont really expect them to be helpful, but I am going to swing by this week to try.