Need some old school V8 help and guidance.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
:rofl:

Bluedemon_II

Dude! This is stupid... its been 5 days of research and I can't find something to fit what I'm looking to get. There are so many parts available at summit, it's mind blowing.

Any one here sees the tv series "Supernatural" I want my engine to sound like that 67-69 impala...

Paul.c

I'm pretty sure one of the three impalas they have has a 427, that is the one they probably use for sound. I'll research some more though.

Bluedemon_II

Disassembled the remaining of the block. Sadly the crankshaft appears to be damaged at the mains. It has a scratch that looks deep in my opinion. Thank god that the block came out flawless. Now I will be ordering a cam and lifter package and build around that. I think that I can make a 350 sound like a 427 with the right parts lol.

ssgmatt

.480 lift is kinda moderate IMO. I would go with something like a .510 lift with a nice duration. For the sound you want if you decide to go with the TH350 you'll need a stall. If you go with anything bigger than a stock cam i would suggest z28 valve springs. As far as matching everything holley makes a systemax kit but comes with an RV cam and may not give you the lope your looking for. If i was you i would go with .510 lift cam, have the valves and seat ground, victor jr intake, holley 750 double pump carb, valve springs to handle the cam, new push rods, and headers. Dont worry so much about the factory HEI its a good ignition and is easy to tune, dont need anything crazy unless the rest of the motor is crazy.

Bluedemon_II

Well the project took a different direction. Now it's going to be a stroked 383 with a redline of about 6500 rpm for now until I can muster up the balls to go full roller and then rev it to about 7500. I was suggested to use a 850cfm or bigger carb. Going to use an electric water pump to reduce parasitic loss, as far as the ignition goes I still need to think what to do I should stay with a hey ignition to minimize the problems.