Nevada Noob

Hello everyone, I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Evan, going by OldManSTI here, and I'm from Northern Nevada (yes, there's more to my state than Las Vegas). I'm a right-wing, conservative, Christian, and I purchased my STI just a little over a month ago. She's a silver 2010 hatch with just over 51k, and although she's 4 years old, she's new to me!

I've been dreaming of getting an STI for over a decade now. I was an MECP Master level certified car stereo installer with my own shop, and I had the privilege of working on an STI for a client of mine. Since it was a navigation install, I "had to" drive the car a bit to make sure everything worked properly. I was hooked!

So now I have her! Had to get the hatch 'cause I'm a family man, and I honestly preferred the look of the hatch over the sedan. It's my daily driver, so the mods I have planned will be conservative (no track time in my future). I don't have pics of her yet since it's winter here and I haven't had the opportunity to take her out someplace as purdy as her. :) I plan to rectify that problem soon.

I looked around a lot while I was planning my purchase, and I've come to the conclusion that igotasti appears to be one of the nicest communities around, which is good for a noob like me since I'm sure I'll have some basic questions. I'm looking for a place where the folks who have more experience then I will show me grace in answering my questions, unlike some of the trolls and ass-hats I've witnessed on some other sites. I look forward to getting some wrench time on my new toy, and coming back here and asking the inevitable "what did I do wrong" question. So far, all I've done is a panel filter and an Accessport with the Stage 1 OTS map, and nothing's blown up yet!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thank you for the kind words. We're glad your here and you will be treated with kindness and respect. So ask away. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI Evan! You definitely chose the right forum to jump start you Subaru craze days that will bestow upon you in the coming years! :lol: You are already ahead of the game since you got a Platinum membership. You will ABSOLUTELY love the perks that are associated with that! :ty: Can't wait to see pictures of the ride! What car did you have prior to getting the STi?

[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] I was driving an '04 Ford Expedition. Needles to say, there was a slight transitional phase. I also had to re-learn driving a manual transmission, since it'd been about 15 years since I've driven a manual (that was an '86 Chevy S-10). About a week after getting the STI, I drove my fam down to San Diego and then to Disneyland. I got plenty of practice in the SoCal stop and go traffic. :D

Welcome! Your definitely in the right place!