new guy from gainesville, va

Karlot

hello all, my name is reece and i just picked up my 2006 subaru STi a little over a month ago. i bought the car with 58000 miles after searching for one for roughly 6 months. it currently has tein coilovers, 24mm whiteline sways with kartboy endlinks in the front and rear, cobb intake, invidia tbe, and a cobb tune. i was turned on to STi's about a year ago when a friend got one. i was actually looking at picking up a 2004 mustang cobra (terminator), and my friend let me drive his STi and actually push it a bit, needless to say i fell in love and started looking for my own STi the very next day. after 6ish months of searching, and looking at approx 7 STi's (and inquiring on at least 20 more) i finally found one and took a road trip in january to pick it up. drove 9 hours to south carolina and back to get it. i found this site through fb, and am hoping it is better than others lol. i have had one issue in the past few days and if anyone could help i posted a thread about it http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/sho...-popping-noise-under-WOT-help-troubleshooting

IMAG0237_zps8e0232fd.jpg

2013-01-10_15-49-17_737_zpscc29c35f.jpg

car is a lil low lol. i love the low life, but i bought the car to drive it through corners, so it will go back up a mild amount for that.
how goes it igotasti???

ps shouldnt it be i got AN STi??? lol.

Last edited:

irishdave

Welcome to the site. I think that you will find this much better than those "other" sites lol. Very helpfull people here. And hurry with those pics:)

Karlot

lol well the "other" threads i asked a question. and one one, in a week, i had 2 responses. neither helpful. lol. ill see if i can get pics up in the next few minutes

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

Im from DC, so not TOOOOO far away. Where do you wrench on your car? A fellow mod on here (vermont) and I used to meet at his place in gainesville to work, but he just moved.

Get any crap from the a-hole cops for your tint/exhaust yet?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I like the white wheels.

Welcome and Enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

Karlot

Welcome!

Im from DC, so not TOOOOO far away. Where do you wrench on your car? A fellow mod on here (vermont) and I used to meet at his place in gainesville to work, but he just moved.

Get any crap from the a-hole cops for your tint/exhaust yet?
i have a few friends who have garages i can use. one even has a lift haha. exhaust and suspension have got me stopped in haymarked 3x now, but no tickets. and i removed the tint. i got pulled over for it less than 24 hours after owning the car. still have the rear windshield done, but not the front.

I like the white wheels.

Welcome and Enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

i need to. and thank you. i like the white, but i want it better, one of the previous owners spray painted the wheels. im hoping to powdercoat them in the next month or two.

Vermont

Hey bro! I used to live out there in gainesville my self. Right off heathcote and catharpin in that area. I drove the Red GR hatch with black windows and black wheels. Also very loud. I cant say I saw your sti around. I know there are quite a few in that area though. Also if you ever need help installing or working on something let me know. I'm always willing to lend a helping hand.

Karlot

hell yeah dude. im right off heathcoat rd in parks at peidmont. i just bought the car a month or so ago, but ill pm ya my number lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.