New Guy With an STi

JacobG4696

Hey everyone! I'm Jacob and I'm from the westside of Indianapolis, IN (Brownsburg). I bought my 2017 STi in CWP about 2 months ago and love it! Haven't really done any mods yet, short of Rally Armor mudflaps and headlight/taillight overlays. I've also replaced my stock intake tube with an older model's to get rid of the stupid sound generator. I have big plans for when the warranty is up, but that's about it for now. If you're in my area, feel free to hit me up!

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6066]JacobG4696[/MENTION] No problem, we have IAG AOS kits instock right now. Def a must for the subies. Just a thought.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! What car did you have prior?

JacobG4696

Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! What car did you have prior?

Before my Sti, I owned a 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5SR. Fun car, but it was more on the "luxury" side of things. Glad I upgraded to the Subie!

Welcome :) Doesn't hurt to get a catback or axle back to unlock that rumble :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=6066]JacobG4696[/MENTION] welcome friend.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

JacobG4696

Welcome :) Doesn't hurt to get a catback or axle back to unlock that rumble :)

Haha yeah, for sure. I'm debating the ETS Quiet with resonator or the Tomei Expreme Ti. My last car droned like crazy, so I'm trying to see what's best for that. I'm going to have to do resonated either way, but the Nameless axle-backs are decent. I ordered my car back in June and has 2 months of build lists created, now I'm 4 months in and I keep second guessing everything haha

I have ETS axle back with muffler delete, it's just right imo haha. That could change if I ever get the mid pipe to complete the cat back.
IMG_2429_zpshohdvpfc.jpg

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6066]JacobG4696[/MENTION] Sounds good. The street series AOS shouldn't void any warranty as it doesn't need any tuning and shouldn't throw a CEL. Def shouldn't void any warranty as it is def better for the car to have one.

As for the catback you should look at the TurboXS quad titanium tip we have on our website, its a real good one to go with. Just put one on for a customer who had the Tomei which was really loud on his.

JacobG4696

@cfs707 I love the ETS CBE and I thought about just doing the axle back, but if I'm going to spend the money I want full 3". @SDMotorworks , I haven't seen anything on that CBE. How's the drone and whatnot? For about the same price, I could get the ETS Quiet CBE.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6066]JacobG4696[/MENTION] I don't think the drone is bad at all, but everyone has their own opinion. The ETS Quiet is a good one also, we sell a lot of the ETS ones as well. Def do the CBE over axleback. Let us know how we can help.

JacobG4696

[MENTION=6025]SDMotorworks[/MENTION] my last car droned like crazy, so I'm not going anywhere near that spectrum haha. I was driving to and from Florida twice a year and had to wear earplugs for highway driving under 80-85 mph. If I have to spend a little more money to not do that again, I'm doing it haha

@cfs707 I love the ETS CBE and I thought about just doing the axle back, but if I'm going to spend the money I want full 3". @SDMotorworks , I haven't seen anything on that CBE. How's the drone and whatnot? For about the same price, I could get the ETS Quiet CBE.

Do it if you got the funds to spare lol I only had the wife approve oh so much at the time xP going to add the rest soon to make it a complete CBE.

JacobG4696

Do it if you got the funds to spare lol I only had the wife approve oh so much at the time xP going to add the rest soon to make it a complete CBE.

Hahahaha! Yeah, no wife here. Saving to pay off my new Continentals for winter, then it's game on! I miss waking up my neighbors/town with my exhaust haha

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
@SDMotorworks my last car droned like crazy, so I'm not going anywhere near that spectrum haha. I was driving to and from Florida twice a year and had to wear earplugs for highway driving under 80-85 mph. If I have to spend a little more money to not do that again, I'm doing it haha

Sounds good, just let us know when you are ready.