New here!

Hack711

My name is Anthony Hackerott, and I'm from Texas. I have a wrb 2009 STI hatch! I've had my STI for about a year and a half now. I bought a Cobb accessport from evans609 and went stage one. About two months after I bought the car, I had an all known and very common ringland failure. :( I bought the extended warranty and they covered the new long block that I received! So I thought it was good news finding out I bought a used car and I'm getting a new engine! Well no.. Permian subaru in Odessa/Midland Texas takes 6 months to swap it out! Meanwhile I'm driving a loaner (2008 Honda Odyssey). Which sucked.. Then went ots stage 1 again. Bought a tsudo catless dp then went stage 2. Now I have a k&n typhoon short ram, nameless mid pipe, and a custom axle back. Waiting to be put on I have a turboxs front mount, AMR gt35r turbo, Perrin 3" inlet, ID 1000cc Injectors with pnp adapters, Grimmspees EBCS, and a DW65c fuel pump (waiting till I can afford a short block cams and clutch to install). Exterior: I have white work xd9's 18X9 +28 wrapped with Nitto Invo 274 45, switchback blinkers, I separated my headlights and blacked out the housing, and spray tinted the tailights red. There may be more but that's all I can think of at the moment! Thanks for reading and accepting me into the forum!!
7aa051eb6ea86f0d1945c135c1ac7dde.jpg
32140373bb5dd26e663b75d9aa2aa926.jpg
9b8eb1f00f2a6e287adddb65d339df31.jpg
5852d56a9242eb065b97467bda425630.jpg
6e11e27ab689728806a4a19ae717fd90.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family.

Six months someone would have got shot, lol. :rambo:

Hack711

Hell yeah!! They said it would take 2 weeks one everything came in. It took 4 days for everything to come in then said it will take a little longer for re model going on in the shop, then NUMEROUS excuses after that. I even missed a day off work and drove 2 1/2 hours to get it and they tell me at the dealership they are missing the turbo/exhaust gasket so I missed pay from work and wasted time, money, fuel going up there. 6 freaking months!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!

Thanks for pics! :tup:

What car did you have prior?

Hack711

2006 cobalt ss (port and polished s/c stock other than that), 1994 Toyota 4runner (10" suspension lift mickey thompson baja claw 38" tall 15.5" wide 15" wheel)
093e545c90ec5565665a7e11daf4ff7d.jpg
a2968b535723cead9d3259c0bac31e72.jpg
67c0bc525a8487976eea7527b13c093b.jpg
45ba411b6b3d74074b6bd284de2da941.jpg

Hack711

Fixed the above post with a TT supra picture I accidentally added that I could only dream of affording lol

Nice fresh start!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome aboard. I hope you got forged internals when you had the new engine put in, for your new build? 6 months! It would've been Texas chainsaw massacre up in there after one month.

Hack711

No I bought all the stuff after the new engine.. I will be buying a built short block from AWD tuning in Dallas and they will be the ones tuning aswell! Yeah trust me they got a piece of my mind and a few ugly words!!

Hack711

I have no idea why!!! I like all the subaru sti's but in my opinion the ONLY one that comes close to the grb is the Blob eye! Well and the 15.. and the 22B haha I love them all but the grb is my absolute favorite that's legal in the US

Lol of coarse of coarse.
Btw do you know what the cause of your ringland failure was? I've heard multiple ways of this happening. Lol I'm new to the STI game so trying to avoid it my XT6 never had these possible issues.

But they loved the old Rex wagons? never understood it either.

It's a mystery that the world will just never understand.... Whenever I'm at shows people always choose the Evo X over the STI and they're reasoning is because it's a hatch -_-

Hack711

No I do not.. I was showing a buddy the acceleration. launched at 5,500rpm which I had done only a few times before and mid first gear pull it bogged down then flashed the check engine light and that's all she wrote. But multiple people have had the issue while just driving and I know a of 2 guys where I live that one is stage 2 and he goes to dragstrips a lot and launches at 6k rpm every launch and has never had an issue. The other has a 2.5xtr dom. On stock internals and launches at 5,500rpm and never had an issue either. It's kind of russian roulette really

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
It's a mystery that the world will just never understand.... Whenever I'm at shows people always choose the Evo X over the STI and they're reasoning is because it's a hatch -_-

I remember when four doors was only for moms and hatches were cheap econo boxes. Lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Lol of coarse of coarse.
Btw do you know what the cause of your ringland failure was? I've heard multiple ways of this happening. Lol I'm new to the STI game so trying to avoid it my XT6 never had these possible issues.

Crappy tune, piston design and throw in a really long #2 and 4 exhaust runner causing 2 and 4 to run hot.

Haha I know right! I loose to this thing every time some how!!!

And I heard blow by was a big issues with ringland failure. Day one when I got the car I bought the crawford A/O separator. Had a boost leak a month after I bought it ended up pulling everything possible out to find this thing, no blow by anywhere with that thing. It's awesome lol.
bdfefc61d2db2aae0153d74f6ebbcd85.jpg