New here!

Hack711

Crappy tune, piston design and throw in a really long #2 and 4 exhaust runner causing 2 and 4 to run hot.
Exactly. I just don't know what my reasoning was. Probably a mix of all 3! Even though I was COBB stage 1 which is supposed to be better than stock tune.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Exactly. I just don't know what my reasoning was. Probably a mix of all 3! Even though I was COBB stage 1 which is supposed to be better than stock tune.

You buy used?

Hack711

Haha I know right! I loose to this thing every time some how!!!

And I heard blow by was a big issues with ringland failure. Day one when I got the car I bought the crawford A/O separator. Had a boost leak a month after I bought it ended up pulling everything possible out to find this thing, no blow by anywhere with that thing. It's awesome lol.
bdfefc61d2db2aae0153d74f6ebbcd85.jpg
The STI is sooooooooooo much nicer!!! How?!?! I don't get it..

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Fingers crossed. 40k on mine with 410/480 chp/ctq. Still stock internals. Beat her like a step child when I drove it off the lot new in 08.

Hack711

My theory is that the people are like moths to a flame. They see shines XXR's on the Evo and just go straight for em..... Lol
That's one thing I promised myself I would NOT do was buy rep wheels. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them but I just couldn't do it.. the first set of wheels I bought were advan rgII's 18X10 +30 because I got an insane!!!! Deal on them. Then traded for the xd9's because I love them lol I want to find fender flares (which I cannot anywhere!!!) for my car so I can get them with +18 offset and have a nice lip!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
That's one thing I promised myself I would NOT do was buy rep wheels. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them but I just couldn't do it.. the first set of wheels I bought were advan rgII's 18X10 +30 because I got an insane!!!! Deal on them. Then traded for the xd9's because I love them lol I want to find fender flares (which I cannot anywhere!!!) for my car so I can get them with +18 offset and have a nice lip!

A place in England makes flares for the GR. Can't remember the name.

Yeah I feel the no rep thing. Lol there's nothing wrong with a set of reps if you have a budget. Understandable. Lol I had some cheep ole wheels on my 350Z. This time around for the subie picked me up some good Gram light 57DRs. I wanted to do the fender flares as well but I was going to get mine in 18X9.5.

Hack711

My favorite is the 9 and they take mods like crazy!! An evo 9 with bolt ons is like taking steroids compared to eating your greens with bolt ons on an sti. Hate to say it but it's true

Hack711

But I'm about to get my CDL and going to start driving a truck for the oilfield making good money and maybe I can afford the varis widebody kit!