New in Northern Va

5moked

Hello people new to the forum just got my 2013 STI sedan in may. Looking forward to making this car fast and reliable.:tard::tard::tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

Got pics?

5moked

My goals with the car is to get it around 500-600 whp range.

I've had the car for a month now but done a couple things.

Cobb Accessport + mount
Cobb Sf Intake
Cobb Downpipe catted
Cobb Heat Shield
SPT exhaust
APR Carbon Fiber Front Lip
APR Carbon Fiber Radiator cover
Carbign Carbon Fiber Alternator cover
Duracon Shift Knob
Short throw
CXP tint 35% all around
Diode Dynamics LED turn signals front and back
Diode Dynamics LED back up lights

Talking to lightwerks about painting front light flat black and adding halo just have to cordinate taking them out.

I'll post some pics real soon.

5moked

Right now im planning on adding a couple more items before building the motor

Grimspeed TMIC
Fuel Injectors dont know which thinking maybe 1000cc
Fuel Pump dont know which yet
Cosworth TGV deletes
Protune looking for a good place still

building the motor is priority but im trying to find a place that will do it and not charge me an arm,leg,kids...unborn kids..etc

Ill probably buy the parts and wait to put them on when i do the engine build.

5moked

Thinking of my whp goals im really only looking to make 400-500 whp but i want to build the motor to where it could do up to 600 whp just thinking reliability.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
600 at the wheel is where the engine block does it's best impression of a suicide bomber.

5moked

lol yeah after thinkng about it 600 whp is overkill. Im really trying to get 400-500 whp with a built engine.

All im going to add until i do internals is

Grimmspeed TMIC
Cobb BCS
Deatschwerks Dw65c
ID 1000cc injectors
Cosworth TGV deletes
Protune

Ill see where i stand at that point and move forward. I wont add the bigger turbo until i do the internals but im thinking of PNP turbo service from Grimmspeed but dont know if its worth it. Instead of doing the cosworth deletes i might just do the TGV delete service from Grimmspeed also since it can save me some money.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Looks decent so far. Make sure you continue to research your options so you not only
get the most bang for the buck, but also supporting your future power goal. Nothing
sucks like having to change out a couple of previous mods because a couple years later,
you realize they can't support your performance goal. Hindsight is always 20/20.

For example, that downpipe is going to hold you back. :?

5moked

Why would the cobb downpipe hold me back? because of cat? In virginia i need the cat to stay legal i know it restricts but gotta have it. What downpipe should i got for?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yes, the cat is restrictive, but the Cobb 3" downpipe has a section that necks down to 2.5" for a short duration. There
are thread in the engine forum that discuss downpipes at length. I'm not saying to go out and buy a different one right
now, but that you should maybe consider what turbo you would possibly install in the future when choosing another
downpipe. Either way, idk if the Cobb downpipe would flow enough to reliably make 450-500whp anyway.

Btw, I'm totally not trying to be a downer here.

5moked

Yep i was aware of that 2.5 section but i got the car with the SPT exhause already on it so i was trying to make sure everything fit for now plus i think the cobb tune for stage 2 is for a catted downpipe so i just figured to go ahead and cobb it up for now. I was thinking of going with the invidia Q300, downpipe, headers setup when i do the turbo upgrade. I'll probably take care of the heads last.