New Member from Houston Tx *PICS*

1SLOWSTi

hello guys,
my name is Max and like the tittle says i am new to this forum. i have been in the Subaru family even before i was born. my dad used to have a Subaru 1800, he was the one that got me to purchase my first Subaru. i have owned four Subaru's since 2005, and before that i came from the Honda world. i had a couple of civics with swap engines and one boosted accord, but the Subaru's were something i never new much about. 2005 was the year i got my first subie, i got a 2004 used STi and felt in love just like my dad did over 25 years prior to that. Ever since i had have all the body styles and done some crazy modding. My latest STi is a 2011 pearl white limited. For the first time since i bought my first Subaru i have taken a bit slow in modding it.

The list:
first
2004 STi java black with gold wheels.
i did GT spec headers and TBE with a tune. i love it enough to never look back.
car put down 290whp and 315wtqr. stock long block and turbo.

Second
(the fastest yet the most expensive)
2007 satin pearl white with gold wheels.
i went overboard and threw a GT35R/front mount/equal length headers and TBE with a tune and AQUAmist. it seem like a good idea at the time. the car dyno 543whp and 600wtqr.
stock long block with 272 cosworth cams.
little did i know about Subaru STi's weak link and ring land failure. i pop three pistons and destroy my motor. one very very sad day. the car ran like a champ for a week or so and then BOOM.:(

Third
(haven't learn from my past experience)
2008 STi lighting Red HATCHBACK
i got the base model and did fog lights and gold BBS from the higher model.
on this one i went a little more mild since i was a bit broke from my 2007 STi :(. i did unequal headers and TBE on a 20G and E85. stock long block.
car put down 400whp and 450wtqr. the car ran good for 6 months. one day i was doing some spirit driving with an ISF on the highway and my car took a dump. 3rd piston lost compression. the car drove, but i couldn't get into boost or else it would go into limp mode and literally stop moving. i sold it and promise myself i wouldn't buy another Subaru.

Fourth
(the one i baby the most)
with the announcement Subaru made about the 4door sedan coming back i jump right on it. i place an order for one and January 7 my STi arrived.
since then i haven't really done much. stage 2+ and pro-tune at Cobb Tuning Plano. the car is a limited and i love the gold wheel contrast. i was unable to find gold BBS wheels in conditions so i took my friend's SE STi wheels and powder coated them gold.
car put down 305whp and 343wtqr. i am very happy with the car and how it is. i am saving for either a cosworth long block with blue prints and everything or a GTR 2012. time will tell what the wifey lets me do. lol
this is my current car.

here are some pictures. enjoy
P.S. i dont have any from my 04 sorry.

l_db3d039f239eada578b6fe49fc126b77.jpg
n666740794_974348_719.jpg

n666740794_1309618_7178.jpg

6776_121854660794_3888922_n_zps3f63d0b5.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg
539476_314491925315064_1184541871_n_zps11ee5a57.jpg
9673_10151301487470795_857971267_n_zps6e8352de.jpg

Now yall know a bit about me. please feel free to hit me up if yall have any questions.

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome! thats a nice collection :drool:

Start up a member's journal as well, and I'm sure you'll get a some good suggestions about a built motor. There are a lot of people on here with some very good ideas about engine building, and might be able to give you some good ideas about different directions to go!

HolyCrapItsFast and Fujiwara in particular (i know there are more, sorry! they just came to the top of my head first) are very knowledgeable about building engines, and getting the most for your money.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Great collection!

1SLOWSTi

Welcome! thats a nice collection :drool:

Start up a member's journal as well, and I'm sure you'll get a some good suggestions about a built motor. There are a lot of people on here with some very good ideas about engine building, and might be able to give you some good ideas about different directions to go!

HolyCrapItsFast and Fujiwara in particular (i know there are more, sorry! they just came to the top of my head first) are very knowledgeable about building engines, and getting the most for your money.

i will look into that, thanks for the advice.

1SLOWSTi

Good looking fleet!
thank you sir.

Holy has went through 6 motors as much as i remember. Fuji hasnt we t thru that many i dont think
holly crap, 6 motors:tard: i almost cried when mine blew up. the 07 that is.( i loved all my Subaru's)

Welcome to the team. Great collection!
thank you sir.

Fuji might even be your better bet... No offense Holy but Fuji has probably blown more motors hahaha
looks like i need to talk to these members then :D

StreetMasters

Inactive Vendor
Great read - and hard read! Good to see you stuck it out, love the 07 :)

I wish I had those tough decisions to make, cosworth long block or GTR!!!!?? Whatever you get, keep us posted!