New member from Utah

foREVer

Ryan knows his shit. im not doubting you guys what so ever so dont take me the wrong way. Yes he has alot to learn but he is also being modest. the dude has his oil knowits.

Ryanveld

Hmmm I will definitely be looking for that stuff. For future builds amsoil makes a break in oil now.

But the 0 on the weight isn't what it's thickness at during operating temp. I guess I'm missunderstanding something. From what I am understanding It's thinner at colder temps for a smoother startup. but at 212 all 30 weights would be the same thickness.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you very much for this info I will look into it. So would you recommend not haveing an AOS and just having a catch can on E?

That is exactly what I recommend. :tup:

When I had my car I was emptying my catch cans once a month and I was pulling at least 2 cups of clear water each time. The winter months were the worst. They helped keep the moisture and sludge in check but I found myself checking the blow by system every week. If I saw any signs of sludge I would take the car out for an hour long drive and that usually clears it up.

Ryanveld

Thanks man that's good advice.

Well I'm in Colorado springs for the next 6 weeks. Unfortunately I didn't drive the STI. Not enough e85 gas stations along the way. But I'm here and if anyone else is hit me up. I'd like to check out the local scene.

Ryanveld

Cool so what's fun to do on the weekends here? I'm here on base and in class so not sure how much free time I'll have during the week.