New Member from Venezuela

chonchiwest

Hi everyone! Im new around here, I'm from Venezuela (South America) and I have a stock 2007 Sti with 32.000km. Got the car 2 month ago I'm the 2nd owner. got the car from a 67 year old guy that had the car since day 1 and he kept it in extremely good shape and stock wish no mods. Pretty good deal.

Just installed and Hks sqv3 blowoff with the original mount kit and I'm waiting for some Tein lowering spring to arrive from USA next week.

Here's a picture of the car as it is right now.
487f06b9b19c5c1fcc7cf8ac90caf605.jpg

And these is how it's during the week
15133ca11cf826bfebc48f2d439b9a09.jpg

Hoping to meet people here and to learn and get good info for these great cars.

Chao.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Great deal and a pretty car. I would not use a vent to atmosphere bov as these cars are not made for them. Idle and drivability issues can result from them.
Welcome to the forum.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Bienvenidos a IGOTASTI!! :tup:

What spamby said, a BOV makes the car run rich and the stock tune was meant for a BPV. Your best interest would be to reinstall the stock BPV to avoid causing and problems with the car. You got it in good shape, lets keep it in good shape!

Show us some more pictures! :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family!

Love your :sti:!

chonchiwest

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

I've read a lot of the atmospheric blowoff valves. Here in Venezuela the company that brought Subaru's until 2008, they imported directly from Japan and they just got theme out off de ship and directly to sell. The problem was that there is a different weather than Japan obviously (30-36*C during the day and Caracas is 1km above sea level)
So in resume the 90% off the Subaru's in these country suffer engine failing. Took some time to determined that and the ones that were still healthy (because of the low km and we're not daily drive) they got reflash in the Ecu and tuned up for these weather.

Since I installed de blowoff I've haven't really used it, to get it back to the dyno for tune up, but I'm waiting to buy and receive all the upgrade to take it and reflash it to be safe and usable with out blowing up the engine.

Really like this car, it's my 1st turbo awd car that I have. I've always been a muscle car fan. Had a 92 camar? RS, sold it and bought a 2007 mustang GT. Now with the Sti I have the best of both continents.

cd8d5d9019e19682db09ea17fa8043e4.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You truly do have the best of both worlds! (Fwd is a bad world to live in ad doesnt count! :lol: )