New Member Here But Not To Subaru's

Grinder34

Track Monkey
congrats. So are you getting winter wheels and tires?

Holabak

So the moment I have been waiting for...... I PICKED IT UP LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!! These new STi's have really impressed me. Completely different animal from my 04 Blobeye.

I took some pictures for you guys to see. Forgive me as they are kinda grainy and blurry but it was at 8pm and the temps with the wind chill last night were in the negatives!!!

But none the less picked it up with 7 miles on the ODO and had 19 on it by the time I was home. One thing I was surprised to find were Seat Heaters in the front!!! I thought that was a feature exclusive to the limited's only! Guess I was wrong.

But here are some pictures for all of you

2964_139734066190662_934868589_n_zps3ba706e9.jpg

312408_139734146190654_667181826_n_zps468fd52e.jpg

205653_139734216190647_1218005434_n_zpsce09543c.jpg

521851_139733926190676_1613991155_n1_zpsd9ad9e22.jpg

601194_139734226190646_2076674549_n_zpsaa344b3a.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah not a fan of the rims, but how was it different than your blob eye? Are you talking about interior or the way it drives?

Holabak

Yeah not a fan of the rims, but how was it different than your blob eye? Are you talking about interior or the way it drives?

The Blobeye was sloppy from the factory this thing shaves corners like a champ and grips the road more intensely straight out of the box! Plus the SI Drive is a cool option and the DCCD now has Auto + and Auto - Settings as well as Manual Control. The Steering feels more connected to the road more along the lines of the type of steering wheel response I had in my Evo 8. Which I LOVED. And as far as the wheels they grow on you. Especially when I couldnt justify spending almost 4,800 more OTD on a limited for what???? A sunroof leather interior and BBS Wheels?! BBS Wheels on the new ones are getting sold everyday on forums it seems. It looks like more and more people are going the way of aftermarket wheels. I grew to the stock wheels because they have a completely different look to them in motion. I don't plan on doing any heavy changes to this car ever. At MOST it will have Nameless Performance Muffler Deletes, Tint, Rally Armors, and might add the fogs thats it. I have to focus the brunt of my finances into other important things such as paying off school loans and property taxes (ughh such a PITA) but then again what isnt these days! Regardless all years and Generations of Subarus are GREAT CARS, but each one has there own loveliness to them.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, an older car will have older bushings. I imagine the crisp, fresh ones feel much better.

You could probably sell/trade your OEM wheels and go the aftermarket route too! Personally, i like the look a little more flush.

Anyways, congrats!

Also, you own your own tire machines? wow...

Holabak

Well, an older car will have older bushings. I imagine the crisp, fresh ones feel much better.

You could probably sell/trade your OEM wheels and go the aftermarket route too! Personally, i like the look a little more flush.

Anyways, congrats!

Also, you own your own tire machines? wow...

Tire Machine, Balancer, 2 Twin Post Lifts, 80 Gallon Stage 2 Air Compressor, and countless tools. I started a thread about favorite tool in your toolbox just to see what everyone uses the most.

But yeah I pretty much have my own personal shop that I allow some close friends and family to use when they need to work on there cars. I've thought about opening my own business but Im just not sure yet I might relocate somewhere south soon.

Holabak

My 05 blobeye wasn't sloppy with factory suspension

Well then congratulations on a "Factory Freak" or so they call em. My bestfriend's 05 Blob handled like crap and the suspension complained more than a coon dog trying to pass a peach seed. So he ended up changing his whole suspension set up out for aftermarket and said it was a 10 fold difference

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Funny, I was of the understanding that the GD chassis was a bit better handling than the GR, stock vs. stock; Especially prior to the GR suspension rework.

Given your past history with cars and your garage setup, I am of serious doubt that you'll just leave this one alone. :D

Congrats on the new car! Now start up a members journal and get some pics and a list of things you aren't going to do to the car.;)

Holabak

We want pics of your garage!!

Ill get some pictures up when I get the chance fellas, I've got some projects going on in there right now and also its quite messy from those projects lol. But I promise ill start a journal when i get the chance to and post some pictures of the garage up in it!

Holabak

Funny, I was of the understanding that the GD chassis was a bit better handling than the GR, stock vs. stock; Especially prior to the GR suspension rework.

Given your past history with cars and your garage setup, I am of serious doubt that you'll just leave this one alone. :D

Congrats on the new car! Now start up a members journal and get some pics and a list of things you aren't going to do to the car.;)

To be completely honest as far as my buddy's 05 and his complete suspension rework he said it made a huge difference because I think he can't drive for sh*t. I've always maintained the stance of the best modification you can perform to a car is the driver.

I don't care how fast the car is or how great it handles or how much monies you have put into it. If the person behind those foot pedals and steering wheel doesn't know what they are doing..... well then that's kind of like selling a salt and plow truck to hawaii.... kinda pointless.

As far as my old GD chassis 04 that I had, I honestly can't remember too too much in detail about how it drove. I'm lucky if I can remember what I had for dinner the other night anymore ughhh. So I guess I really can't make a concrete statement on stock for stock unless I drove another GD Chassis and then jumped right into mine and drove it to compare right then and there.

You know probably in my mind I was so excited about getting the car after a 4 month wait that any which way I drove the car or what I did with the car at that moment ended up being the best thing since sliced bread ;)

But thanks for the warm welcomes everyone and as Spamby said yes I do have a very longggggg history with cars and I am here to help answer any questions or give any advice if its needed just hit me up guys!

Holabak

Ohhh and sorry for the long previous post.... winter is getting to me ahhhhh so frustrated :x

Sincerely, Chad :cool: