New Member Here But Not To Subaru's

Holabak

Well here goes nothing....:tard:

Hi all, my name is Chad. New member to this site, but not new to the Subaru Community, nor to automobiles at all.

Those who do know me, know that I am very knowledgeable about cars, whether they be: forced induction by means of Turbocharging, Supercharging or Naturally Aspirated Engine's, with a wide variety and range of vehicles. Not just the boxer family. The only thing I haven't toyed with are Diesel's and Rotary's.

I've owned a wideeee variety of vehicles in my lifetime, ranging from a Jackson supercharged 99 civic si during my high school years, to Jeep's and Trucks, to BMW's and Volkswagen's. And of the more recent years both a 2004 World Rally Blue STi and a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo MR Edition. ( If folks request I do have pictures to share of the Evo and STi) And I have also been through the build a car phase as well. I built a 2008 Scion tC that was touching almost 700hp. But I am back into Subaru this time with a 2013 Satin White Pearl STi. I will be picking her up no later than the 25th of this month actually!

A friend of mine whos a member on here Shugaru05 actually told me to join up. Said there was a good based forum and lots of friendly people, that this wasn't your typical forum, unlike some of the other infamous ones such as NASIOC or EvoM.net. Was also nice to see a friend on here with his business thats local in my area with a Vendor account Fast Tuning Products. Not to be showboating or promoting here, but Craig is an awesome guy and I consider him to be a friend. You won't be disappointed dealing with him!

As for anyone else that's local in the Greensburg, PA area would be cool to meet some new folks who are Subaru Enthusiast's like myself. Maybe I can pass on some knowledge and advice as well from things learned or past experiences.

None the less..... Here I am and I am glad to be back in the Subaru Community Once Again! Hope to make some new friends and share some interesting stories and help some others out along the way :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. You're right. We aren't like the others. Also let's see them pics of the STi, and Evo.

Ps: Who's Craig? :rofl:

Just kidding......

Grinder34

Track Monkey

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! :D Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup:

Holabak

Thank you very much for all the warm welcome's everyone! Still waiting on the delivery of my STi hoping it will be next week..... but I have been told it can be as long as the 5th of Feb till I can take delivery.

Holabak

I just looked up your friend on here, Shugaru05, and no posts! Tell him/her to introduce him/herself!

Yeah my friend has been really swamped with work lately... I'm pretty sure if he had more time on his hands he would have jumped on here and introduced himself by now, lol.

But he's a good guy all in all, We both kinda came into the subaru world at the same time.

Holabak

Welcome to the team. You're right. We aren't like the others. Also let's see them pics of the STi, and Evo.

Ps: Who's Craig? :rofl:

Just kidding......

Haha nice someone else who has a unique sense of humor like myself good to see that!

And as requested here are some pictures of the old STi and Evo and ill throw one in of the Turbo'd tC as well

The Old WRB 2004
stisale1.jpgstisale9.jpg

The 05 Evo MR
iphone 046.jpgiphone10102012 125.JPG
attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone10102012 124.JPG
    iphone10102012 124.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 69

Holabak

Welcome! Your not too far away. Theres a few of us out by you.

Good Good! I'm looking forward to making some new friends locally in my area! (All I know is I need some good friends in my life ha)
And what's better than some good subie friends?! I have to admit hand's down the Subaru community is one tightly knit community and prob the most friendly of them all too!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in! Glad to have you with us for sure! Did she come in yet? What are you going to do with her once you have her in possession? :p

Holabak

Welcome in! Glad to have you with us for sure! Did she come in yet? What are you going to do with her once you have her in possession? :p

As of yet no she hasn't been delivered yet..... But hopefully this week it will be here. It's due anyday now. And as far as doing anything to it.... not a thing but driving it till it's reached break in mileage... rather not have the stealership tell me because I bolted mudflaps to it or tinted the windows etc etc that my warranty is void. Rather play it safe then sorry for the first couple of months. Maybe a few small minor things this summer but nothing majorly planned as of yet

Holabak

I think you're alright with the type of things you just mentioned. Warranties arent that straight forward, but check out this thread:

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?4322

Thanks for the link some good information there, I was just going off what my good buddy told me who's a service tech up at the dealer where I purchased from. He said the service manager and Subaru Rep are pretty anal about mods :( sad I know but it's just the way some people roll.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I hear ya, sometimes its not worth the hassle. But they'd have a really HARD/impossible time justifying with an external/appearance mod (tint, flaps) could be responsible for any failures.

Holabak

So here is another update on my car.....

Called SOA this morning around 9:30am (early bird gets the worm) and talked to a Rep and asked them if they had any idea on there end of an ETA for me.

So I gave her the VIN and she said that it was on the transport truck and should be arriving with in the next couple of days!

4 months of waiting and the last few are pure insanity like no other. And with how the weather has been lately its like being in a blender.

All I know is when I do pick the car up I will be driving very cautiously home, winter time with performance summer tires mmmm yeah recipe for disaster!