New Struts or Coilovers for the Rex?

Z1107

So my front drivers side strut is clunking which is REALLY FREAKING annoying. Struts or coilovers? I only drive my car on the weekends and at night (I have a company vehicle), I DO/WILL NOT AUTOX, I only take my car up to the mountains for some occasional spirited driving. I was looking at the Godspeed coilovers cause they are only $50 more than a full set of brand new struts. Before people go off the deep end about the coilovers read the above and remember these come with a year long warranty. And what kinds of struts would you recommend to keep my options open. I have 04 STi struts and springs on her now.

bugeye_fever

Quality struts and springs. If the roads around there are decent then quality C/O would be fine I suppose. I feel that if your not going to track it, there isn't much point to adding complexity with C/O. Also, a cheap set of coilovers will ride crap unless the roads are buttery smooth. We live in America and this is not the case.

Z1107

I personally dont care about a stiff bumpy ride, I would love the idea of owning a car that sticks to the road like glue.

bugeye_fever

Lol, I understand, and feel the same way. First step towards your goal is tires though, then probably sways. I would really stay away from low end coilovers though. That could hurt handling rather than help it. What are the spring rates for the c/o your looking at?

bugeye_fever

Cool, I was just curious. I firmly believe that its how well the manufacturer valves the shocks rather than the spring rates that matters. For instance I run 7k in the front and 5k in the rear with my ast's. A good friend runs D2's with 12k in the front and 10k in the rear on his daily. On paper one would think, "Who the hell would do something like that?" But having run the car and driven it on the street, I was completely blown away with the ride. But thats neither here nor there.

Z1107

I'm buying new poly bushings too. So if anyone has experience with these coilovers or know a good inexpensive set of struts let me know, I think I'm going to stick with the STi springs.