new tires.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Tons of grip. My star specs are very close to them.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tons of grip. My star specs are very close to them.

Hmmmmmm so the re070s are better?!

We were talking about how good the re760s grip and theyre relatively cheap for their quality.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hmmmmmm so the re070s are better?!

We were talking about how good the re760s grip and theyre relatively cheap for their quality.

They don't wear as good, but grip is about 5% better.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
re760s are NOT going to have ultimate grip. They'll have good grip, but last longer and have better manners than something like a star spec or a re070.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
re760s are NOT going to have ultimate grip. They'll have good grip, but last longer and have better manners than something like a star spec or a re070.

They definitely last long. I drove about 6-7k miles and only wore them 2/32nd tread. (From 8 to 6. In the meantime that i had them)

They had pretty good grip compared to other tires i have had. I havent had too many different variaions though. How much do re070 or star specs cost?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Got 4 Star Specs shipped for $771.96.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Why do you say this?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Stickier, more aggressive tires wear faster. Isnt grip the sacrifice for longevity?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Re760 is a max performance summer tire with a tread wear of 340.
Re070 is an extreme performance tire with a tread wear of 140.
Star specs z1 are an extreme performance tire with a tread wear of 200.

I think what grinder is saying is that the re760 is going to wear better but at the expense of grip at the limit. On paper that is what translates and should also be indicative of real world usage.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Re760 is a max performance summer tire with a tread wear of 340.
Re070 is an extreme performance tire with a tread wear of 140.
Star specs z1 are an extreme performance tire with a tread wear of 200.

I think what grinder is saying is that the re760 is going to wear better but at the expense of grip at the limit. On paper that is what translates and should also be indicative of real world usage.

Holy shit. Less than half!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
yeah, they're not designed to compete head-to-head. Different categories of tires. Both are "performance" summer, but the level of target performance is much different. Tire rack has the 760 as "ultra high" vs the "extreme" for the 070

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Wow, I guess I didn't realize the RE070s have such a low tread wear rating.

Keep in mind though, tread wear ratings are only for comparisons within the same brand.

So for example, comparing a Dunlop vs. a Bridgestone based solely on tread wear ratings is misleading.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, I guess I didn't realize the RE070s have such a low tread wear rating.

Keep in mind though, tread wear ratings are only for comparisons within the same brand.

So for example, comparing a Dunlop vs. a Bridgestone based solely on tread wear ratings is misleading.

Oh wow. Didnt know that.