New to Forum, but not to Subarus - PA

schreff16

Hi Guys!

New to the forum, obviously. I'm definitely no stranger to Subarus. I'm on #5 now, a 2015 CWP STI Limited. Had an '05 STI, '00 2.5 RS, and still have a '04 Forester 2.5XS and '02 Forester S. The Foresters are the beat around cars and get used and abused. :D

Hopefully I'll have pics up shortly. I'm still waiting on some goodies for the STI, but it's basically a bone stock car for right now.

I'm in the Bethlehem/Easton, PA region and already see a few new 2015 STIs running around. Look forward to hitting some AutoX events next season as well. :tup:

-Jason

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

Cant wait to see pics!!!

Give us a review on the 15 compared to the previous, especially compared to the 05!!

schreff16

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

Cant wait to see pics!!!

Give us a review on the 15 compared to the previous, especially compared to the 05!!

Welll, the 05 and 15 are extremely different disciplines. The 05 was more of a raw car, but definitely lacked refinement. The engine and trans were good, but I autox'd that car a lot and did coilovers, exhaust, bars, bushings... Pretty much everything aloud in STU class at the time.

Fast forward 10 years and the engine and trans don't feel much different. The rest of the car, however... 110% better. It's more grown up, handles better, and just feels more solid. When I do go auto crossing again, I won't go mod crazy.

First mod is a nameless cat-back. I have a new access port as well and will flash it and pro tune once it has downpipe, intake, and injectors changed.

I'll throw up a pic or 2 later.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy! :D