New to the site, and Subaru. Loving every second of it

Hi,
my name is Noah and i just recently got my first STI, its white 08 hatch. i love the way it feels, drives, and speeds. it is all stock for now, soon enough i am looking to do some aftermarket work, i joined the site to see if i could get some experienced knowledge of what brands to look at and maybe some shops pepole might know about in my area. thanks for reading.
-noah

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the the team! Got pics?

What would you like to know?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you for joining Noah! You came to the right place and pleas feel free to ask any questions you feel necessary. The guys here will point you in the right direction when the time comes.

Personally I would start with suspension mods before I delve into engine mods. You want the car to drive the way you want it first before you start putting power into it. Some of the greatest seat of the pants feel can come from great lateral acceleration. :tup: When you are ready for some power, most people are happy with stage 2 for the street and for AutoX. That is nothing more than a down pipe, fuel pump and a stage 2 tune with either the cobb accessport or open source. Either way I recommend a pro-tune when the time comes.

Also don't be goated into the following unless you have a clear reason for doing so...

Blow off valve
Intake
Front mount intercooler

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Also don't be goated into the following unless you have a clear reason for doing so...

Blow off valve
Intake
Front mount intercooler
Also, turbo timer to that list.

I also second holy's recommendation for suspension before power.

Anyways, welcome.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
I broke that rule :( I put an intake on, and left the stock suspension because I love the feel of the upgrades they made in the '11's. I drove Stoke's 08 and yeah, it's a totally different feeling car when bone stock. But yes even at my power levels, I'm quite happy with my thicker, wider top mount vs a front mount, and even with the upgrades, still using the stock bpv.

STimedic

I love my TMIC.....but mine is larger than most......(that's what she said!)

Welcome to the forum! If you are going to do anything intake wise, I recommend the stock airbox, K&N drop-in filter, after-MAF and intake pipes to remove the factory restrictions and improve airflow, after exhaust mods. As always, look into a tune to keep everything in check. The SHOP is up that way or you can talk to Holy (George) about an e-tune. As far as vendors, all the ones on here are approved and very knowledgable, but when I order parts, I go through Jordan @ Defined.

I also recommend suspension mods and upgraded motor, trans and rear diff mount and bushing upgrades to tighten up the car prior to any major power mods. Set the base and the rest will follow......

STimedic

I still have my turbo timer.....great for letting the car warm up in the morning and like Gino pointed out, car running, doors locked.

And the failsafe of if the e-brake is dropped, the car turns off.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
There is nothing wrong with a BOV but just don't slap one on with out knowing how it will effect your driving. The problem usually come with the tuner not knowing how to adjust it and tune for it.

I had a BOV for years and loved both the sound and the way it performed.