New turbo

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome to the forums

Another? What happened to the first? Hope your not buying any of those Ebay things... I learned from my mistakes long ago.

Got a pic?

STI-Kenny

Got one on the the Spec B....took it off the STI a couple month ago and put it on the spec....The STI needed new pistons rebuilding it next week and putting a new 20g on it. no pics yet.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice! You should start a journal. I'd love to follow along with your build! :tup:

Z1107

Welcome to the forums

Another? What happened to the first? Hope your not buying any of those Ebay things... I learned from my mistakes long ago.

Got a pic?

Hey, if they come with warranty's they are good hold me over till I can afford a real one. Lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hey, if they come with warranty's they are good hold me over till I can afford a real one. Lol

Hehe... I tried that too... I went through three of them in one months time :lol:

Wasn't really worth the trouble in the end... Maybe they are better now but if you see "TBO" in raised letters on the compressor housing, stay away!!!

I believe the OBX ones are ok but I don't have first hand confirmation of that :tup:

STI-Kenny

Well Truth is. It is an Ebay turbo. lol. I bought one over a year ago for the STI. Ran it the whole year with no problems and now have had it on the Spec for a couple months...I'm not an Ebay junkie by no means. but a friend of mine bought one for the hell of it over 2 years ago never had a single problem out of it even after the built motor. so after a year of him running one i bought one. They have been good to me so i say F it. i'd have to buy 4 of them to equal a name brand one.

STI-Kenny

And yes this in My introduction. I usually stay off forums because of drama and "know it alls" but i figured i'd give this one a shot.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well Truth is. It is an Ebay turbo. lol. I bought one over a year ago for the STI. Ran it the whole year with no problems and now have had it on the Spec for a couple months...I'm not an Ebay junkie by no means. but a friend of mine bought one for the hell of it over 2 years ago never had a single problem out of it even after the built motor. so after a year of him running one i bought one. They have been good to me so i say F it. i'd have to buy 4 of them to equal a name brand one.

Very true... If it works then it is good. If you payed little for it then even better. I have had great success with many Ebay parts as well but some of them were crap. With certain things though I would rather pay for the name and the support. :tup:

And yes this in My introduction. I usually stay off forums because of drama and "know it alls" but i figured i'd give this one a shot.

You shouldn't have any problems here. We try very hard to keep it a drama free place as much as possible. Plus the "Know it alls" here actually know it all :lol:...

But seriously though. Most of us pride our selves on providing information that has actually been lived and tested. I for one will not comment on subjects I know little about or have less experience than other members. I know my limits.

So poke around and see what we have to offer. If you don't see what your looking for just ask. We don't bite :D

Z1107

Don't worry about drama here bro, people get banned fast if they try to turn this place into nastioc.