Oil Pressure Gauge

ZachTTLM

The easiest way for installation of these to have proper access would be to use an oil filter sandwich. That will give you ports to hook your gauge into. If you are using an electronic gauge you would just thread your sensor into one of the ports and run your wiring. If mechanical attach your fitting to the same port and run your nylon line carefully to keep it out of the way of anything that could melt or damage it.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've always heard that sandwich adapters are prone to leaks. I personally went with a galley plug for my oil temp. IIRC theres one below the alternator and one below the IC. I also had to adapt NPT to BPT for my gauge, but those adapters exist. If you cant find one, i can point you in the right direction.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I've always heard that sandwich adapters are prone to leaks. I personally went with a galley plug for my oil temp. IIRC theres one below the alternator and one below the IC. I also had to adapt NPT to BPT for my gauge, but those adapters exist. If you cant find one, i can point you in the right direction.

I've heard the same thing about sandwich adapters. I do have one installed though and while I expected it to leak, I haven't lost a drop yet.

ZachTTLM

We have installed several oil filter sandwich adapters and have not had leak issues. Quality products not ebay specials and making sure to get the sandwich lined up properly to so the seal is not pinched or rolled out breaking the seal is a big thing on these. We have seen and used both methods discussed though and have both in stock and can be contacted by Phone, Email, or PM for pricing.

I've heard the same thing about sandwich adapters. I do have one installed though and while I expected it to leak, I haven't lost a drop yet.

Yea my tuner said he would rather use the plug and not the sandwich plate cause he has also heard about them leaking.

We have installed several oil filter sandwich adapters and have not had leak issues. Quality products not ebay specials and making sure to get the sandwich lined up properly to so the seal is not pinched or rolled out breaking the seal is a big thing on these. We have seen and used both methods discussed though and have both in stock and can be contacted by Phone, Email, or PM for pricing.

Thanks but I ordered one through Subaru. Appreciate the help guys!