Oil Temperature and Pressure Numbers: POST HERE

Spamby

Meat Product Toy

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Youre the only one with that issue because youre the only one with the APR splitter! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Youre the only one with that issue because youre the only one with the APR splitter! :lol:

I should probably just cut access holes to reach my oil plug and filter.
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION], do you have a plasma cutter I can borrow? :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You would dare cut carbon fiber?!??

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You would dare cut carbon fiber?!??

@#$& yes I would. :lol: It's fiberglass on the bottom and carbon fiber on top. I've already drilled quite a few holes in it. It does not come ready for install.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yes, but just imagine your oil filter being by say, your strut tower or battery!

That's so ridiculously tempting.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
100_1791.jpg

100_1790.jpg

[MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

:rofl:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Cool but I see oil everywhere in its future. I hated side mounted filters and not to mention if you love tap something.

Alright, peak oil temp in my car is 94*C measured straight off the bottom if the Killer B pan. Peak oil pressure is ~760 kPa 7.6 on the Defi at 100x).

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Off the bottom of the oil pan? I wonder if that sensor location would read lower than a sandwich adapter. This is pretty interesting.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
My CTT has a temp gauge and is about 180 in cooler weather. 190-200 in hot weather. Usually stays pretty consistent around 200 when I'm beating on it. I've heard Lucas has a knack for pulling heat out of the engine, along with thickening the oil, so maybe the slightly elevated temps is due to the Lucas additive?

That's possible. I'll have to look into that a little more. Just to clarify...I'd imagine that in our normal everyday commutes, I am on boost a lot more than most of you guys. Just ask @Alin how I drive. :rofl: That probably contributes to my 210*F oil temps.

Off the bottom of the oil pan? I wonder if that sensor location would read lower than a sandwich adapter. This is pretty interesting.

Well, not quite the bottom, per say, but right next to the drain point. It's possible, though I'd think it'd be a higher temp point (straight out of the engine). I'm on boost a lot too (definitely beat on Bianca a bit) with Rotella T6 in her.