P0302 code wont leave me alone

STiboi

My STi about a week to two weeks ago threw the P0302 (cylinder two misfire) code, so far i have replaced spark plugs, coil, and tested fuel injector which tested fine, i will be doing a compression test tomorrow, if the compression is fine what else could it be? Do i have to get the computer reprogrammed? Or is there something else that it could be? please help

ZachTTLM

How did you test the injector?? After you do a leak down test and so on for that cylinder, if that checks out I would try swapping the injector with a different cylinder just to see if it follows, just to make sure..

STiboi

I swapped the cylinder two injector with the cylinder one injector, an it threw the same misfire cylinder two code, so i tested all my injectors with a ohm meter an they all tested fine,

Last edited:

STiboi

i did check intake for leaks but found nothing, i think its the compression, i checked it but i dont know if my tester works because the needle didnt move at all, and when i took the spark plug out it smelled like straight gas, an i smelled the oil from the dip stick an it had a gassy smell to it

STiboi

yeah i checked the tester to make sure it was hooked correctly, i still have warranty for it so i will take it in when i get my income tax

STI 2NR

Is your coil going out on that cylinder?? Just a thought. They throw that code when they start to go out.

STiboi

Got it fixed already, got it back on last Friday, it was in the shop for three an a half weeks, the guy who had it before me disabled the MAF somehow so that it doesnt read a certain code, my piston was ruined an there was a cut in the turbo inlet hose an a seal in the turbo went out, Subaru gave me a new block an turbo :) now i gotta break it in

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Got it fixed already, got it back on last Friday, it was in the shop for three an a half weeks, the guy who had it before me disabled the MAF somehow so that it doesnt read a certain code, my piston was ruined an there was a cut in the turbo inlet hose an a seal in the turbo went out, Subaru gave me a new block an turbo :) now i gotta break it in

Good deal. How's it run now?

Stiyle11sedan

There was a huge issue with the 2nd cylinder problems with all of the ringland failures that they had....the only way to fix it is the dealer. (hopefully it was still under warranty) I see that you got it fixed, I hope your car is much happier now!!

STiboi

Oh yes it runs better than when i first got it, been busy putting miles on it, im at 1700 now! should be broken in by next month :) i was told to do the first oil change at 3000 miles, but i always did mine at 1500, and the oil the dealer gave me was to thin (5w30) an when the car would run for a while an the oil got hot an thin it would shut off, now im runnin Valvoline VR1 20w50 an it runs even better, engine runs cooler, can barely hear any engine noise, it doesnt shut off on me anymore, an it even improved my gas mileage, i recommend this oil! And its very affordable, i got 5 quarts and a K&N oil filter for $32 they only sell it in the one quart containers, can be found at autozone

Stiyle11sedan

Good to hear.....time to get some new pics up!!:thumbsup: