Perrin Reverse Lockout Lever

TK-421

Anyone have one? If so do they like it? Just ordered one to install into a customer's car. I'm just trying to understand why it costs almost $100 dead presidents and does it really take care of that cable rattle?

I personally wouldn't spend my money on it, but it's 1 not going into my car and 2 I'm known for being a tight ass when it comes to opening my wallet.

The claims on the perrin reverse lockout lever are:

Why do I want this
The PERRIN Performance reverse lock out lever combines the OEM reverse lockout ring, and plastic boot holder into one part making for a clean, simpler look for your shifter. The PERRIN lockout ring's finish matches the PERRIN Performance shift knob base making it look like one assembly.

No More Rattles
The factory reverse lock out link wears out with high mileage and aggressive shifting causing a shifter rattle. The PERRIN Reverse lock out lever incorporates (2) silicone o-rings creating a tight fit with a smooth friction free action, even on worn shifters.

No More Roll Pin
The PERRIN reverse lock out ring uses a small bolt to secure the cable. No longer will you have to deal with the factory spring pin to disconnect the shifter cable from the car making future removals much easier.

Construction
Machined from billet 6061 aluminum the PERRIN reverse lock out lever is polished and anodized black, matching the PERRIN shifter collar. Featuring (2) Silicone o-rings, special grease and a stainless steel bolt to release the shifter cable, PERRIN reverse lockout is perfect for any tuner.

That's direct copy and paste from the website.

What do all of you think?

And yes.....I will be doing a install write up on it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This is a question we have been wanting to know.

You must have read our mind. :tard:

TK-421

Well looks like I'll be the first to gain knowledge on it first hand.

The thing that intrigues me is the bolt instead of roll pin, those things are a PITA to work with, I always groan like a 8 year old when told to do his homework when I have someone scheduled for a short throw shifter install

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Can't wait for the write up.

TK-421

Can't wait for the write up.

Haha OH don't I know it! It's informative and entertainment all in one. I've been toying around with the idea of getting a set of those video camera safety glasses to use in the shop for how to videos in POV mode. Taking pictures is easy but actually setting up my T5i to do video in a shop setting has me worried. I'd rather fudge up a set of glasses compared to my 800 dollar DSLR

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Rule #1! Don't break the camera. :rofl:

TK-421

Exactomundo! No camera, no write ups, no write ups, no more "Mr. How To" and we can't have that!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No where is that dang banned button? Where did we put it? :-o

TK-421

Well an update. The install write up might not happen this month. Customer brought the car to the shop yesterday, had his perrin lockout, nice shiny piece. But it DOES NOT fit on his Kartboy short throw shifter. Apparently the only one it's designed to work with is either the Stock shifter (which he no longer has) or the Cobb Short Throw. And he said he doesn't have the money for my labor charges and to purchase the Cobb Short Throw at $175.00 so basically I don't see this review/install happening. Seems to me he is just going to return it. I don't blame him. Going back to a stock shifter would SUCK after having a short throw.

Oh well, maybe in the future next year I'll buy all this crap when I change out the stock shifter in my 2013.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn i was looking forward to this. Tell him ill chip in $20 if he goes through with it! :lol:

TK-421

Damn i was looking forward to this. Tell him ill chip in $20 if he goes through with it! :lol:

Well good news, I talked him into buying the Cobb Short Throw and swapping out his Kartboy. He's going to trade in his Kartboy for the Cobb and get 35% off the Cobb for trade, and I'll knock off 50 bucks on my install because he's letting me use the car for a write up.

So I have him scheduled for next week for an install.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!!!! :ty: :bow:

TK-421

So I'll add the Kartboy shifter to my list of parts that I'll be selling come spring time when I have the annual shop clean out