Powder Coating Stock STI Rims

cobbtunedsti

I heard your not suppose to bake our stock rims. I've never heard of sti's rims breaking or cracking????? I'm going to have it done.. Any risk?? There's no place in Tulsa to have them dipped...

DierwulfBL

I think if they're forged then you're not supposed to. I don't believe the stock wheels are forged (unless you have an s203), so you should be OK I would think. I had planned to get my stock wheels powder coated as well and that's the best I could come up with. If you ask the people you take it to if there are any problems that could arise I would think they would let you know. If you find out otherwise please be sure to let me know as I will be getting mine powder coated within the next month.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Carl it depends on how hot they get the rims. If they slow bake them they are usually fine. If they fast bake them it can hurt them. You have to tell them they are forged and ask for a slow bake with low heat. I know a few people that got them done and they have had no problems.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ok.. He said 30 mins @ 400' I'll tell him slow bake.. Thanks

Yeah you need lower heat for a longer bake time. Tell him and he should be able to do that for you.