GD Ray's ultimate wallet PWNAGE!

bugeye_fever

Well, that didn't take long, for the money it'd take to put a LS in a miata (at least 10k, probably more like 15 the way i'd like to do it) I could just continue building the WRX up, now that it has a pretty solid foundation to work with, stay tuned.

bugeye_fever

Here's a little of what I've been working on: EFR7064
EFR7064.jpg

Figured 2.5l motor at 90%VE. RPM and Boost pressure are on the graph. I'm kinda new to this, so I've done the math and am not sure what it all means quite yet. I know it mostly depends on the A/R of the hotside of the turbo, but it looks like this turbo could flow enough air for 25psi at 3000 RPM and hold 18 at 7500? I picked those boost levels out of thin air, just to see where they'd end up, and it actually looks pretty good. So if anyone has experience with this, please critique.

I really wish there where some compressor maps for the FP HTA and Blouch turbo's. For that matter I wish there were released maps for the newer vf series turbos.

bugeye_fever

Its been quite awhile since I updated this. Mostly because I've been on forums for a different car. Lots of things are changing for me, mostly in the money department. Wife and I are saving for a house, and getting serious about starting a family. I'm excited, but I don't want to give up driving and working on cars. I've decided I want to focus on my driving skills, and having only one vehicle to track, autoX, and drive daily won't work out for long in my opinion. SO, for now the subie is on the back burner, relegated to 5mi a day to work and back, she's unhappy but it'll pass. After my upcoming deployment I'll be picking up my uncle's bone stock '89 Integra RS. Its waaaaay cheaper to work on and such, and has that wonderful Honda reliability. All I'm doing with it is a set of wheels and slicks( Kosei Racing K1-TR, and either z214's or NT-01's haven't decided.) I'll race it in H stock for autoX and take it to as many track days and driving schools as I can and gain a TT or Club racing license.

We're planning to head back to Japan after a few more years here in NC, and I'd like to use that opportunity to start a bulletproof motor, one with a closed deck block most preferably. That way when I come back to the states I can finish the subie like I always wanted, a proper track car. Its a plan, but as I've been told, don't fall in love with the plan.

There's always B spec with that wonderful 6 speed mini cooper in the driveway, lol