Rob's Built Motor GT35r AW Hawkeye STi

LikaGhst

Name is Rob and I reside in Pennsylvania. I had sold my stageII WRX to a friend last January and in turn purchased the 2006 STi from another friend with 32k on the car overall. He had just slapped the GT35r on to the original motor with 25k without building out the motor. Of course he ended up wrecking the motor in due time. Once I purchased the car I decided since the turbo had suffered absolutely no damage to build the motor myself with some friends and reuse the turbo. I bought JE pistons and rings, left the STi forged rods in there, Bought ARP headstuds, and a full replacement/rebuild gasket and seal kit. Sure enough it ran just fine but about two months had passed and the oil pressure light came on and horrible noises began and of course I had spun some bearings all due to a cracked and broken off factory oil pick up. As you know the factory oil pick up is bolted on to the bottom of your block and it sucks the oil from your pan throughout the motor for lubrication. Turns out none of us had ever heard of this horror story and apparently it was very well known and all over NASIOC. So the second build began and I went with CP forged pistons and rings, Eagle Rods, and purchased an extremely triple reinforced oil pick up from Killer Bee Motorsports. I must say had I known about the pick up being crap from factory and replaced it I would have been fine but the car runs great now and is chuggin along just fine with a smooth and clean idle. Car drives like a dream with 41k on the car and not even 2k on the new motor the drivability is unbelievable which is fairly uncommon among built motors with big turbos.

I will attempt to list all mods now.. however there are so many this will be hard

Engine:

Perrin Rotated GT35r Turbo by Garrett
Perrin Front mount intercooler
Perrin equal length headers
Perrin full turbo back exhaust single/dual/single
Perrin air intake
Hallman manual boost controller
Utec Delta engine management
Agency Power side feed fuel rails
Agency Power steel braided fuel lines
CP forged pistons and rings
Eagle Rods
New oem crank
New oil pump
New water pump
ACL rod and crank bearings
ARP Headstuds
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Power Enterprise 850cc side feed injectors
HKS Super Sequential blow off valve
Walbro 255Lph fuel pump

Suspension:

Tein Super Street coilovers
Hotchkis full 25.4mm sport sway bar kit

Other:

Upgraded larger Brembo rotors
15% window tint
Compustar high security alarm
Grillcraft custom badgless grilles including hood scoop grill
Rally Armor front and rear stiff mud flaps
Custom re-fabricated front lip identical to the overpriced V-limited lip
General Altimax Artics winter tires extremely
cheap and amazing winters comparable to blizzaks

DSCN0272.jpg
[/IMG]

stipicture3.jpg
[/IMG]

newerstipicture.jpg
[/IMG]

stipicture2.jpg
[/IMG]

I know I know I need more pics:thumbsup:

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow very nice, very nice!

LikaGhst

Thanks JJ! I should also have added I love the power I make now but i'm looking to build an even stronger block to handle a GT45r turbo and looking for 600-800awhp ; ))

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I spent all my money on this forum! LMAO! Oh well it's all good. I get to meet people like you now!

LikaGhst

The dyno sheets I have are from the old tune.. I'll post the new numbers as soon as I get a new tune. I have already decided on 3 maps that will consist of a limp mode map in case of emergency, a daily drive map for 400 awhp, and then a race map for 460-500 awhp Using no more than 21Psi. It's making roughly 400awhp now on 14 Psi

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Rob since I'm CEO you have to stay behind me at all times at the track! :rofl: