Should I Sell My FMIC & Go TMIC

First off the car is a stock turbo 05 sti that I purchased in 06 that has all the stage 2 bolt on and a bit more. I purchased a perrin FMIC in 06 because the tuner told me I should get that for a more reliable and powerful tune.

Now flash forward to 2016 I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor that has headwork done to it and will be receiving the tgv delete with upgrade fuel injectors etc.

My dilemma is do I keep the FMIC since I already own it and have my bumper cut for it or do I sell it and try to get a larger TMIC since I'll still have the stock turbo for some time till I go to a larger turbo but will never be pushing for over 400 WHP.

Any input would be appreciated.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

Another thing is when I do go larger turbo I will be replacing the down pipe and upgrading the up pipe since it's a divorced waste gate dp so I will be going the rotated turbo route.

So I'll have to get new piping for the FMIC also so I'm considering a rotated turbo on a TMIC as well.

I personally did not notice a huge drop in throttle lag when I went FMIC but that probably was due to all the bolt on upgrades I did with the FMIC along with the tune at the same time so I never had the chance to sit in my car and drive it as a stage 2 with the stock TMIC.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

So anybody have any opinion on this subject or opinions on rotated turbos going to top mount intercooler's?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would say keep it if you plan on upgrading your turbo at some point. If you sell it now and upgrade later you will likely require an FMIC depending what turbo you end up with so why pay twice for something. Besides if it is not impacting lag so much then just stay with what you know.

Just my opinion :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If you've already got it, keep it. Especially since you said you didnt notice much performance loss when switching. Looks good, more future-proof, lots of extra room in the engine bay. Sounds good to me!

I would say keep it if you plan on upgrading your turbo at some point. If you sell it now and upgrade later you will likely require an FMIC depending what turbo you end up with so why pay twice for something. Besides if it is not impacting lag so much then just stay with what you know.

Just my opinion :tup:

If you've already got it, keep it. Especially since you said you didnt notice much performance loss when switching. Looks good, more future-proof, lots of extra room in the engine bay. Sounds good to me!
Ok thanks for the input from both of you and it's why I love this forum for not flaming and going Google it or search it and you will see its stupid ideal LOL.

So George your not against etuning this FMIC on stock turbo setup? It could be entertaining for you since it's got the headwork with pocket port and valve train upgrade. That or a huge nightmare.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have no problem at all! :tup:

Ok thanks for the input from both of you and it's why I love this forum for not flaming and going Google it or search it and you will see its stupid ideal LOL.

So George your not against etuning this FMIC on stock turbo setup? It could be entertaining for you since it's got the headwork with pocket port and valve train upgrade. That or a huge nightmare.