Smells like rubber

SeanZ

I havnt drove my sti for 2 days and i drove it today but when i started it it smelt like rubber inside the car and i kept dirving it then everytime i come to a stop it starts the smell again when i got home i popped the hood and their u go it smells like rubber near the tranny what could this be? the clutch?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had this happen once to me. It was the end of the hose where the ac water drips out when i installled my downpipe on. The smell of rubber was present for a day or two then it went away as the downpipe melted part of the hose off. So check to see if yours is rubbing on the downpipe. If not check for other hose that could be getting exposed to high temps.

I had this happen once to me. It was the end of the hose where the ac water drips out when i installled my downpipe on. The smell of rubber was present for a day or two then it went away as the downpipe melted part of the hose off. So check to see if yours is rubbing on the downpipe. If not check for other hose that could be getting exposed to high temps.

Exactly what happened to me as well it's a lovely smell LOL

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Exactly what happened to me as well it's a lovely smell LOL

Yes it is! :lol: i freaked out the first time i smelled it and pulled over to check what the hell was going on! Then when i saw that it was the ac hose, i said f**k it. :lol: