• Dont turn to the dark side!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why not have both

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Airpig

I know I'm a new guy on here but as a 12 year Air Force cop hence the name Airpig. I'm not your keeper and won't harp on it after this but money is hard to come by. Please don't blow your money on cars or bikes after you're back. Be smart, cars are money pits. Invest in some precious metals or the 401k or some stock. Look, you'll do your career in the military and still need a job after. That's just the way it is. Go play with a small part of it cuz you'll earn it but please at least think about it.

AWDTX

I've owned both. I absolutely LOVED my Evo IX. I invested in an all-around build, ground up from wheels, to suspension, to chassis, to engine/turbo/cams and interior gauges and so forth. The chassis was extremely well balanced (more so than my GR STI) and responded very well to external mods with no issues on it's durability. That engine was a tank and the chassis was extremely good. That's why the EVO's during that time outperformed the STI's of that time, and continue to do so now in their current iterations--because of a beefier engine and better handling chassis.

That said, there's something about the STI that simply makes it a better driver's car. While it understeers like a pig and has a glass engine--it somehow makes me want to continue to drive it. Oddly enough it was the Evo that led me to purchase this STI recently. I'm not entirely glad I did from the respect of longevity and money-well-spent, but I am from the aspect that the car seems to fit me right now.

Grinder34

Track Monkey

AWDTX

Sold the EVO...missed it after a while. The new GR sedan reminded me my 2006 MR...and because of the rivalry and because I loved how the EVO handled and drove that I figured the STI would meet or exceed that performance.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I used to have a 2005 Evo VIII and I sold it and bought a 2011 STI sedan. Evo was a fun car but I love my new STI better.

Weird. I always see how the Evo is a better car in a lot of aspects but on the flip side testers and enthusiasts alike always seem to choose the STi?

Oh yea, post up an introduction, new guy! Lol