Subaru Enjoys Best U.S. Sales Year with Record-Setting Volume Sold

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

06STI360

Absolutely, the forester and legacy are sexy beasts and get good ratings. The impreza is finally getting good enough fuel economy to be competitive. I think they have nowhere to go but up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Paul.c

They have been posting better and better numbers consistently. Although a lot of hardcore guys hate the GR, a lot more people love it. Subaru knows this, and they have been able to capitalize on it.

Paul.c

I'd like to see how much of this success is due to the STI sales.... I'm not thinking very much. :(

I'm not saying that the success is completely due to the gr. What I was saying is that Subaru is making cars for the masses. Even their niche market cars are being made more marketable. I'm not a fan of this because I too want a hardcore sti. Would I be willing to give up my gr for a less practical sti? I dunno, it really depends on how ridiculously awesome it is.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well boys we are just gonna have to wait to see what the next STi will be.

I'm not saying that the success is completely due to the gr. What I was saying is that Subaru is making cars for the masses. Even their niche market cars are being made more marketable. I'm not a fan of this because I too want a hardcore sti. Would I be willing to give up my gr for a less practical sti? I dunno, it really depends on how ridiculously awesome it is.

This, the STI/WRX are no longer niche cars. It's too bad, they really had something good going with the GD's. They should have kept them pure and brought the rest of their lineup to the masses. I ride in my buddies 10' WRX often and it feels like a Lexus compared to my 05 STI, the same can be said about my other buddies 09 STI. The GR STI/WRX are still good cars but the lineups golden years in the US were 04-07 IMO.

To sum it up, who cares about Subaru's sales? They're making money hand over fist by killing the car we all enjoy.

Last edited:

Paul.c

Well boys we are just gonna have to wait to see what the next STi will be.

It's not going to be built for the very small market of true enthusiasts. It will be a mixture of even more creature comforts than the current STI with very minor tweaks to the performance side. Possibly DI but who knows.