THE BRZ STI WILL BECOME REALITY

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm so glad we can let the cat out of the bag. Just wish we could let you know all the specs. You won't be disappointed. ;)

August 5, 2013 by Gargling Gas
url-99.jpeg

I woke up this morning, checked out my iPhone and nearly wet the bed. There it is was, confirmed on STI?s Japanese website, the Subaru BRZ STI will become reality.

Subaru teased the auto world a few years ago with the possibility of an extra 100-bhp or so, and although it will now happen, they have annoyingly only given us yet more teasing in the form of a couple of images.

Subaru are yet to confirm the specs that will come packaged into the STI version but the Japanese website of STI, along with the images, has released the words ?coming soon?. Hopefully the wait wont be too long and we?ll see the Subaru BRZ STI at the Los Angeles Auto Show later this year.

subaru-brz-sti-teaser.jpeg

More information coming soon! :drool:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This might have to be my next car depending on specs and price. I was so eager to give up my sti for the brz limited. Lets hope to see some good information pop out of this. :eek:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You think they might change it to awd???? Or have a variation of both??? Hell... Imagine that option hahahahaha.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
As much as I love AWD, I feel like it would ruin the intended purpose of the BRZ.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
agreed. i'd be sad if it were AWD. Well, awd-only. At least make RWD an option!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Yea, I don't see them adding awd. I think that would compete too much with the STi and WRX.
I don't see them adding too much power, either. Maybe like 250 ish and then tweaking the suspension. Unless of course they decide to give the STi (impreza) a pretty nice power upgrade.
I think the STi could use a nice upgrade to around 350.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is there a date on when the new sti and wrx specs will be revealed?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmm maybe theyll reveal everything when do so with the brz. We shall wait and see

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hmm maybe theyll reveal everything when do so with the brz. We shall wait and see

When is the next big auto show? That is the question.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
well the Tokyo motor show is nov22

Do you think the FR-S will get the same "STI" treatment?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Good question. Maybe they'll call it the "TRD"

:lol: The Scion FR-S TRD. Everyone is going to make fun of that name as well. i don't hear people making STi jokes anymore, but I definitely do hear a ton of turd jokes. :tard:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Everyone picks on our name. I'm like look at your car, lol.