The Post Whore Thread!

Z1107

I totally agree. I am pro open and constitutional carry.

When I am rich and retired I would start a tax free charity called the "2nd Amendment fund" and literally hoard small arms and money under it. I'll then put a clause that requires the weapons to be distributed to the public if any new gun control legislation is passed. :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'm all for open carry, BUT... not every Joe schmo should be able to without some sort of training. I can't lie I get nervous when I see some gun nut who thinks he's GI Joe by carrying a $1200 .45 and has no idea how to use it.

You going with a m68 bro?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for open carry, BUT... not every Joe schmo should be able to without some sort of training. I can't lie I get nervous when I see some gun nut who thinks he's GI Joe by carrying a $1200 .45 and has no idea how to use it.

I totally understand where you are coming from especially given your military back ground... but as a constitutionalist libertarian I am forced to disagree. The government shouldn't have the right to determine who can or cant carry as long as their not a convicted violent felon. Once you start having requirements then comes licenses that become a way of revenue for governments, increased carry restrictions, and then the resulting decreased number of people who do not carry because they don't want to fuck with jumping through hoops (like me).

For someone to have an interest in carrying they will most likely already be a gun person and have a basic fire arm understanding. The legal repercussions of being an idiot with a gun will keep the idiots off the street (there's still laws on when a gun can be used). It works well in open carry states and even in constitutional carry states.

THIS POST WILL SELF DELETE IN 24 HOURS AS IT IS A VIOLATION OF FORUM RULE #10

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
...Once you start having requirements then comes licenses that become a way of revenue for governments, increased carry restrictions, and then the resulting decreased number of people who do not carry because they don't want to fuck with jumping through hoops (like me).

I definitely see your point, but...

In a way I see guns like cars. Useful, in some cases necessary, and potentially very dangerous. You wouldn't want to get rid of any driver's licensing would you? Frankly, seeing the way some people drive now makes me think we need more mandatory training. There was a cool Top Gear episode where James May talks about the licensing requirements for Finns, and it was way cool (but I digress).

I would think that OWNING a gun should be restriction free, but when you start to carry in public places I think there should be some sort of mandatory training. Just like cars: you can drive a car all over your own property without a license. But if you go out on public roadways, they (the govt, big brother) tries to limit the risk of you accidentally killing other people.

Granted, lack of gun laws seemed to work well in the wild west--so maybe it's unnecessary? I hate making my own counterpoint! :lol:

Edit: I just found the forum rules, specifically #10. Please delete my post if it's in voliation!

I definitely see your point, but...

In a way I see guns like cars. Useful, in some cases necessary, and potentially very dangerous. You wouldn't want to get rid of any driver's licensing would you? Frankly, seeing the way some people drive now makes me think we need more mandatory training. There was a cool Top Gear episode where James May talks about the licensing requirements for Finns, and it was way cool (but I digress).

I would think that OWNING a gun should be restriction free, but when you start to carry in public places I think there should be some sort of mandatory training. Just like cars: you can drive a car all over your own property without a license. But if you go out on public roadways, they (the govt, big brother) tries to limit the risk of you accidentally killing other people.

Granted, lack of gun laws seemed to work well in the wild west--so maybe it's unnecessary? I hate making my own counterpoint! :lol:

Edit: I just found the forum rules, specifically #10. Please delete my post if it's in voliation!

Operating a car is much more dangerous than a firearm if you think about it. Look at the states that allow any citizen to cary with almost no restrictionse (yellow) and even the number that don't require a license:

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

They're not having any issues with retards shooting each other.

I just recently became aware of how many states are like this a few years ago.... Living in Texas I figured it was about as gun friendly as can be... I was wrong.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I see this thread going down hill.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Living in Texas I figured it was about as gun friendly as can be... I was wrong.

I live in DC, and we've got the most effed gun laws ever. I think the only place that sells guns in the district is now a wal-mart? weird.

But I went to school in Houston and [it seems like] everyone I met was from Plano. Even now, most people I know from Texas are from Plano. What gives. How can a bajillion people all be from the same place?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
How about I blow this thread full of holes.

Z1107

I'm a gun but and carry everywhere. I also know I'm nuts. Does that mean because I've kill several men in combat that I shouldn't be allowed to carry in the US???

By no means Gino. I was talking about people who buy guns and carry them on their hip because they think it makes them cool and have no understanding of the responsibility that comes with any weapon. Remember you can't recall a bullet once it's been discharged. You, me, and most of the people on this site have been trained to respect weapons and appreciate the responsibility. That's all I was saying. I'm a libertarian too, but like they say. ..with great power comes great responsibility.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Took the nite off to enjoy some Monster Jam.
a6f982c2-48f5-3f38.jpg