Tire pressures

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The car has never been in the snow or salt and is garage kept at night. She goes away in the winter for mods. :) Also I have been running 35 in the fronts and 30 in the rears now and wow Drew does it make a huge difference to the way she handles! I love it can't wait for the track next year. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
OK thanks!

boxtwo

A little late on this one, but I ALWAYS bias by pressures front to rear. I typically run 2-4 psi LOWER in the front on the street during the summer (RE070 and RE01R) and 2 psi lower in the front for my winter tires (LM25.)

That being said, with all other variables "constant," I run 35 front 38 rear in the summer.

Someone should touch on the optimum method(s) to determine pressure for a given use. IE usage of tire pyrometers or marking the radius of the sidewall. (I don't have time to list my method right now-maybe later)

boxtwo

Do you run more preassure in the rear for safety?

No. By running lower in the front, which heat up more, by the time everything is at operating temp, they should be equal (give or take.) This has provided me with the best road feel. YMMV.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will try that this year for sure. 35 fronts and 38 rear and should there be a starting point for auto-cross box-two?

Piper86

Hi all, so I put a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE002's on my car today a d need some advise
I drive my car a s a daily and I usually have a spirited drive whenever the opportunity arises.

My previous set (Crap passenger tires put on by previous owner) were worn on the sides due to alignment and possibly wrong pressures so I'm just being cautious as I do not want to repeat the mistake.

6cbfb22b00ca2fcca945578cfe92bf86.jpg

The previous set. When I bought the car the cambers were set on 0 deg all round, which caused the initial wear. I set the alignment correct however the damage was done and the tires needed replacement.

2a0abbf853b761979c7b6f2d38cd8c92.jpg

New set installed today.

Rear cambers are set on -1.4
Fronts are running at -0.3 I think. All within spec factory spec.

8294ef8db4ed027309427ebb8a888868.jpg

I have the pressures set as per the door panel indicates, 230kpa front and 190kpa rear.

Your recommendations?

Ive been told by sum I should run higher pressures at the rear.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We run 28 to 30 in rear, and 30 - 32 in the front of our 04 & 16 STi's.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I personally run 32-33 psi COLD in all four. I find it that at that pressure, you still have acceptable grip and tires last longer. :tup: I also rotate every 3k miles.