Tiz I kiddchaos

djkiddchaos

Just got a 2007 sti which is finally a dream come true I bought it from a dealership already tuned and everything I want on it already I just don't know what I have
3193cda2cd397060f5f4e74ecef72ba6.jpg
b34cfddc66c2aafd108d9f49d9b0281f.jpg
3ecaff535b0387e9d966c9b9cfe41b7b.jpg
c2ebcefb5c691f780429e504847fb12e.jpg
d4114700baef00e63f2b34dc81bf11bd.jpg
a71ae4db460dfab1074f3614f83ff69c.jpg
6d2cbdd52fad22a76715f403c04e1cac.jpg
5c7a2a5b5ed84d8726a11fe6f1429591.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!

Did you get a compression and leakdown test performed on the car before you bought it? Did it come with an Accessport? Do you know who it was tuned by and how long ago?

Any issues with it from what you can tell?

What cars did you have prior?

djkiddchaos

I don't know what the person did before I got the car I know nothing about it I have been asking the dealership to give me a full rundown on what was all on the car but they know nothing about it I know the oil change has then recent and that's all I know about the car. Oh and accepted it really fast

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, you didn't have a compression test done then. How long ago did you buy the car?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Have you had any issues with the car in the past month? Did the car come with an Accessport?

djkiddchaos

No I haven't had any problems with it yet and I bought the car November 10th and I'm still trying to figure out what is under the hood I have shaun pictures to everyone and I'm pretty sure pictures don't do justice unless you look on it yourself but this is my first STI and I wanted to be done right

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well from pictures, everything looks good AS long as the car was PROPERLY tuned. You have a Cobb heatshield, but the intake piping is stock. This is the first time I have seen that. Have you removed the heatshield to see what's hiding under there? I see you have a catback exhaust. Does the car have an aftermarket downpipe? The stock heatshield is in the way and can't tell. What measurements do the three gauges in the center read?

I mean the car looks good for what's on it. I just hope the car was tuned properly. Since you've taken ownership of the car, have you gone wide open throttle/floored it?

djkiddchaos

Yes I have had it on an open road that's all we have around where I live and it is pretty quick there's no hesitation and it gets up and goes

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I would refrain from going WOT until you know for sure it's tuned. Did you ever notice what psi you peaked at under WOT?

Where do you live and what states has the car been registered in from previous owners?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not what the gauge goes up to, but what your actual psi was.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Does it go over 20?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wait.. The gauge showed you that you hit 25 pounds of boost when you floored it?!